19

"what the hell were you thinking?!" Aizawa slammed his hands down on the table across where Izuku sat with an emotionless expression.

"Are you even listening to me?!" Aizawa glared at Izuku who stiffly nodded "you could get yourself expelled, if Shinsou wanted, he could make sure you ended up in jail" he hissed.

Izuku flinched as Aizawa raised his hand and for a second, Izuku saw Shigaraki. He closed his eyes and braced for a slap already trying to block out the expected pain of being slapped and his skin decaying off. But nothing came. Aizawa just crossed his arms and turned his back to the boy.

Izuku sat at the couch watching his teacher pace back and forth and glanced at the principal sipping on some tea he had made. The lack of proper punishment for his behavior was weird to him, and he had to hold himself back from begging the teacher to at least hit him for misbehaving.

Izuku scratched his wrist ignoring the sharp pains of him reopening scabs and putting pressure near his broken bone. He had forgotten about it until now. Izuku looked at his bent arm and looked back at the pissed hero. He would've said something by now about it, but he stayed quiet as a way to punish himself since the hero wouldn't.

"I made sure not to kill him, and I cleaned him up afterward" Izuku finally said "sir, he started the fight I was just talking to Kacchan's friends" Izuku defended. "I get it, I fought without your permission, I used my quirks on another student, but he should be in as much trouble as me, he used his quirk on me first" Izuku had never felt this trapped since the league. Why was everything coming back now?

Izuku bit his lip and his scratching got worse when he received no answer back. Aizawa was pissed at him. The principal watching from the other side of the room kept his eye on the greenette not saying a word which only worsened his fear until he felt a warm tear fall down his cheeks. Startled, Izuku raised his hand to wipe his cheek only to be met by more. Was...was he crying?

Izuku mentally cursed and screamed at himself, he knew better than to cry about something like this, they'll get even madder and who knows what'll happen. They'll beat him, starve him, fuck they might even make him go days without a command just to show him how big of a mistake it was to fight a future hero.

I'm just a villain. I can't justify my actions. I'm a filthy villain who somehow managed to get pity from heroes. A villain like me doesn't belong here. I shouldn't be around heroes.

Izuku unconsciously moved from his wrist to neck and started scratching around his collar.

They're probably thinking about sending me to jail or back to the league. They lost hope in helping me. I did this. I attacked the kid. I should've let him have his way.

Izuku bit his bottom lip as he tried to breathe past the lump in his throat and subtly wipe away the tears with his one hand. The other one now refused to move and he felt completely helpless.

Suddenly he was back in the cells.

Dead bodies from the testing surrounded Izuku in the room. The familiar faces from his past stared at him accusingly as if he had killed them. Izuku looked around the room, no sign of Aizawa or Nezu anywhere.

"Leave me alone" Izuku groaned, eyes darting from body to body "I'm not in the cells, I'm in U.A" he tried to remind himself. But his words fell to deaf ears as the corpses started to move toward him "I didn't know he'd do this, I didn't want you to get hurt" Izuku cradled his broken arm as he desperately tried to back away from the mangled bodies reaching towards him.

"get away! Get the fuck away!" Izuku shouted kicking at them.

"Izuku!"

Izuku gasped blinking rapidly as the cell slowly converted back to the office. Aizawa had pinned down Izuku's legs and used his free hand to hold him down on the couch.

"What happened?!" Aizawa's pissed expression was firm but worried. He loosened his grip on Izuku's shoulders once she was sure the boy was fully focused back on him.

Izuku silently shook his head at his teacher and he stood up putting a hand over his mouth.

"I-" Izuku paused at the sound of his voice wavering "nurse" he muttered avoiding eye contact.

Aizawa looked over at him, stifling a gasp as he noticed the bent arm.

"Your arm is broken? Why didn't you say anything?" Aizawa scolded.

"You were mad" Izuku replied finally getting a hold on his emotions.

Aizawa stared at Izuku trying to read him before letting out a defeated sigh and pulled the boy into a tight hug surprising him. Izuku hated being touched, but there was always something about hugs that he couldn't resist.

"of course I'm mad" Aizawa sighed "but I'm more worried about you, you have so much potential and you can't throw it away" he added slowly pulling away from the shocked boy and ruffling his hair.

"now go see Recovery Girl, Nezu and I have to talk"

Izuku absently nodded and walked out of the office and to the nurse.

"Midoriya, I'm surprised I didn't see you earlier with the way the other students were describing what happened?" Recovery Girl greeted the greenette and scanned over him as she led him to a small bed.

"You do have more cuts than I expected" the nurse joked.

Izuku half smiled "I went easy, sure I was mad, but he was clearly holding some grudge against villains so I let him get a few hits in" Izuku confessed "but the broken arm was unexpected" he added.

Recovery Girl looked at Izuku's arm and shook her head, "you cleaned him up and helped his broken nose, but you couldn't even wipe the blood off your face"

Izuku shrugged and fell back in defeat quickly regretting the decision "I think a rib or two is also broken" he wheezed slowly raising himself back up to a sitting position.

Recovery Girl tsked as she pulled out some Band-Aids and candy. "your high pain tolerance makes it harder to do my job, we would've had more problems if I tried to fully heal you without knowing about that"

Izuku shrugged "as Kaminari would say, it be like that some times"

_____
I almost forgot to post today lmao