68

After three weeks of no updates I have finally finished finals and I'm back home to update! (^▽^)

To make up for the missed updates, I made this chapter a little longer so I hope y'all enjoy! :)

_____

The next day, Overhaul informed Izuku that he would be gone for the majority of the day so the two could have a "day off" while he did some important stuff. Izuku didn't know nor cared about what the man was doing, he was just happy to not worry about Eri getting hurt or him getting disassembled by a quirk again.

Which leads them to now. Eri sat down cross-legged with a clean white dress and an equally white bath towel draped around her shoulders. Izuku sat on the bed behind her brushing out her still-wet hair.

Izuku smiled as Eri tried to catch a little flame that danced around in front of her. She let out a small noise of excitement as the flame grew slightly and circled around her hands. Izuku made sure the fire didn't touch the girl as it streamed around her before shrinking into a smaller flame again to avoid her hands.

He happily brushed Eri's hair while she was distracted, humming quietly as he worked through the tangles. Thankfully, the over members of the Hisakai seemed to have taken care of the girl's hair before him so there weren't too many knots.

Their moment of peace was quickly ruined as the door unlocked. The two watched, tense as the metal door opened to reveal who was on the order side.

"Zuku!" a voice squealed, and the next thing he knew, Izuku was thrown backward onto the bed.

Izuku sighed as he looked up at the blonde smiling above him. "Toga" he acknowledged.

"Izuku" Eri whined. Izuku wasted no time nudging Toga off of him to focus back on the child.

Eri was standing up now and stared at him with wide eyes. Her horn sparked as she looked between him and Toga. In one quick movement, Izuku pulled Eri into a hug and canceled her quirk before it could fully activate.

"They're just friends from my other group" he assured her.

"He called us friends!" Toga squealed hoping over to Twice who stood by the door.

"I would hope Izuku saw us as friends" Twice quietly said. "of course we're friends, I'm awesome!"

Izuku rolled his eyes and stood up to face the two. Eri gave them a small wave from behind Izuku's legs. Toga and Twice both waved back with Smiles.

Izuku nudged Eri to get papers and crayons for them. The girl complied and hurried to grab her drawing stuff. Twice moved to help Eri carry her crayons to the table.

Watching the interaction, Izuku did feel kind of bad for lashing out at Twice, seeing the man act so gently with Eri only doubled that feeling, but he wasn't going to apologize any time soon. The man did cross a boundary whether he meant it or not.

"Why are you two here?" Izuku asked even though he already knew the answer.

"Shigaraki traded us for more information from Overhaul" Toga answered, happily sitting down at the small table and grabbing a red crayon.

"I hope this information is worth giving half your team away to the same person that killed one of them" Izuku scoffed.

"Shigaraki always talks about you." Toga hummed. The girl was drawing something with a little too much red.

"Yea?" Izuku sat down on the bed with a huff, "he gave me up a little too easy to be missing me." he crossed his arms.

"No one's seen Dabi in a while. He's only around to mess with you, but since you're gone, he hasn't shown up at all these past few days" Twice told him. The masked man sat down next to Eri who was drawing what Izuku assumes is a cat. "good riddance!"