27

"hey, so what are you guys planning to-" Midoriya dodged Aizawa as he tried to punch him "do with me during the hero drafts?" he asked swinging his staff towards the hero's back. When Aizawa ducked, Midoriya smiled and lowered it mid-swing to strike the back of his knees.

Aizawa grunted as his knees buckled from under him, but he quickly recovered and aimed a kick at the boy.

"you'll keep training with me. You've gotten better at not using your quirks during fights which is good knowing that your collar still works"

Midoriya visibly hesitated at the mention of his collar giving Aizawa room to attack. Midoriya yelped as he was thrown to the floor, his staff fell out of his hand and rolled away from him.

Midoriya rolled over to avoid an attack and grabbed his knife.

"What did I say about knives?" Aizawa asked raising a brow

Izuku sighed "I can't use weapons nor quirks unless told to" he reluctantly closed the black and green knife.

Aizawa titled his head and shrugged "You can use the knife just this once, I want to see what you can do with it"

Izuku smiled swinging his arm down as he opened the knife to look cooler.

"You won't be disappointed"

____

Midoriya suddenly felt guilty at the sudden change in the aura in the class. It had gone from carefree to shocked in an instant, but this time it wasn't towards him.

Their teacher had a large cut across his cheek that even his scarf couldn't hide. Everyone clearly wanted to ask, but no one actually did, and it was probably for the better.

Izuku had ended up losing, but not before he had accidentally cut Aizawa, which was the reason he lost.

"umm, Mr. Aizawa, what happened to your cheek?"

Midoriya bit his lip as Kirishima asked the dreaded question earning nods from everyone else.

Aizawa glanced at Kirishima and then Midoriya before shrugging "an accident during a sparing lesson"

Izuku frowned "you didn't act like it was an accident" he muttered under his breath.

Bakugo leaned back towards Izuku "you cut the teacher?" he whispered trying to hold back a laugh.

"it's not funny" Midoriya hissed "he was so mad at me when I did that" he groaned.

"did you do it on purpose? Were you mad that he was winning?" Bakugo teased

"Keep talking and I'll make sure you don't have a quirk for your hero internship" Deku jokingly threatened.

Bakugo lightly hit Deku's head and rolled his eyes "if you can take away someone's quirk just by touching them, does that mean you can take away your own quirks if you touch your arm or something?"

Midoriya stared at Bakugo wide-eyed. He never thought about that. "I...I don't-"

"The class is leaving to the station, you two can join us when you're done talking. if we're still here" Aizawa interrupted as the students started exiting the class.

Bakugo scoffed and stood up walking towards the class followed by Midoriya.

"I'm sorry" Midoriya apologized as he walked by the teacher.

The bus ride to the train station was a short one. Everyone seemed excited to be training under their chosen heroes. Midoriya wished he could share their excitement, but he couldn't go with any heroes since he's not fully trusted yet. Instead of being with Bakugo's friends, he sat next to Todorki and whispered to him while glancing at Iida.