28

Midoriya quietly watched Shinso get dressed while working on his new notebook. It wasn't every day the male talked to him, so he had to take the opportunity to get as much information as he could.

"don't you think it's a little weird to watch and draw someone half-naked while they're changing?" Shinso asked glancing at Midoriya.

"It helps me get the exact measurements and body type when I'm looking at someone without clothes" he shrugged "I could always guess, but there's that one percent chance I could be off"

Shinsou narrowed his eyes but continued to get dressed. "so do you do this with every person you pass by?"

Midoriya softly laughed, almost finishing off the right sketch of the boy, "not every person, just the ones who catch my eye, or who the villains want me to learn about" he hummed looking at Shinso and back to his notebook continuing the drawing.

"Oh, yea? What part of me catches your eyes?"

Midoriya stared at Shinso thinking about his answer "it's the quirk" he smiled. "You can brainwash a person just by talking to them, that's impressive"

Shinso visibly seemed troubled with his answer as he quietly finished putting on his hero costume.

Midoriya frowned at this "did you not like my answer? Do you hate your quirk?" he asked "it's very unique and would make it easy to capture or manipulate your enemies"

Shinsou sighed and placed his head against a wall. "that's not very helpful coming from you, a villain"

Midoriya frowned "makes sense" he breathed out going back to his notebook.

"That's all? You're not going to ask why? I'm refusing your compliment because of your past and all you say is 'makes sense'?"

Midoriya shrugged "it does, villains lie a lot, it's what we're good at. And usually, they complement people in attempts to lure them to their side. I wouldn't want to praise from a villain either" he explained.

Shinsou furrowed his brows "no that's not why I didn't acknowledge you. It's just... People used to say my work was more suited as villain work, and hearing a villain praise it kind of proves it..."

There was a snort from Midoriya at his words earning a glare from the boy.

"I'm sorry" he laughed "it's just- your quirk would not be very good in the villain world" he laughed.

Shinsou raised a brow at that "what do you mean?"

Midoriya looked at his notebooks filled with notes about the boy's quirk.

"sure your quirk is unique and powerful, but you'd only be able to trick a handful of people before word spreads around about how your quirk works, and boom. No one will answer you which will make it hard to use it on people. Since it only works if they talk back, right? You'd be better off as an underground hero"

Shinso nodded quietly. He hadn't thought about that.

"Kacchan's quirk would be more suited as a villain than yours" he added.

Shinso thought about the boy's explosive quirk and silently agreed with Midoriya on it. "why aren't you getting dressed? Don't you have some sort of costume?" Shinso asked changing the subject.

Midoriya stared at his black workout clothes with mild disgust "the school took away most of my gear, I don't get it back until tomorrow" he rolled his eyes "but for someone reason, they gave me back some of my weapons" he added showing him the small rod in his back pocket.

"How is that a weapon? It's the same size as your hand"

Midoriya smiled and clicked the button extending the rod into a full-sized metal staff "it's also used as a deadly taser, but the support team took away the kill setting" Midoriya rolled his eyes as he clicked the button again, closing the staff.

"it doesn't take this long to get ready, you have five minutes to come out or I'll make today's training ten times harder" Aizawa snapped.

Midoriya and Shinsou quickly stood up and started walking out of the changing room.

"I honestly thought he would've fallen asleep by now" Midoriya joked earning a quick chuckle from Shinso.

Training wasn't any different from usual, Midoriya got to watch Shinso spar with Aizawa which helped him work on his notebook. The boy had an impressive quirk, but that's about all he had to help him fight since he wasn't as fit as everyone else since he relied on his quirk.

Once Shinsou lost the battle, Aizawa called up Izuku and tossed him a lighter "use your quirks"

Izuku smiled, catching the multi-colored lighter, and flicked it on. "this is new" he looked at Aizawa with a questioning smile "what's the catch?"

"The catch" Aizawa used his scarf to try to immobilize Izuku, "is that if you lose, you won't be joining any hero missions"

Izuku's eyes widened taking in the information as Aizawa's scarf headed towards him. He rolled away and used his quirk to throw rocks at his teacher. "wait- I can go on hero missions?!" he took the opportunity of Eraser head protecting his face to land a few kicks before jumping out of range.

"only if you win" Aizawa attempted to kick Izuku's legs out from under him, but the boy was faster and used his staff to throw himself up and swung it up with him hitting Aizawa's chest.

"What kind of stuff are you going to take us on? Robberies, undercover missions, maybe murders?" Izuku bounced slightly at the thought of joining a hero for their work.

"just simple patrols to start off, I'm not going to immediately trust you to accompany me on any higher-level cases" Aizawa grabbed one of his spare knives and hit Izuku's chest with the blunt side. "stay focused. You just died" Aizawa rolled his eyes.

"Thinking about it, death wouldn't be so bad for me" Izuku wondered, forgetting about what Aizawa had said before the sparing lesson "what am I really alive for? I mean, my only purpose was to protect the soon to be leader of the League but since I can't anymore, I have no actual purpose"

Aizawa narrowed his eyes at Izuku and put his knife back "keep talking like that and I'll definitely sign you up for the school's therapist" he warned

Izuku's raised his brows in surprise "the school has a therapist? Is there a lot of students who need one? Are they still allowed to be heroes?" he questioned before crossing his arms "I've gone sixteen years without a therapist, I doubt I'd need one now" he stuck out his tongue at the thought of someone trying to know his weaknesses, "I don't need someone else trying to get into my head all the time, my thoughts are for me and only"

Aizawa scoffed "the therapists don't work at the school, but they're close by and the school helps pay for any students that feel like they need one. It's common for a student to want to see one since they are kids I'm stressful situations, and getting professional help doesn't mean you can't be what you want to be" Aizawa walked Izuku to where Shinsou was waiting "you've been through more than enough trauma to make a grown adult crazy, you're going to need some kind of therapy sooner or later"

"good, send him to the asylums with other crazy people" Shinsou butted in earning a warning hit to his head from Eraser head and a scowl from Izuku.

"I will not tolerate you two fighting during your time with me" Aizawa warned "I want you two to at least tolerate each other by the end of the internships"

The two students lowered their heads and nodded "yes Mr. Aizawa"

___

Aaaaand we're back to our normal schedule! I hope y'all are ready for shitty writing and sad boi hours that all I know how to do.
(^^;)