17

Midoriya stared at how big the gym was. Smaller than the USJ, but still big enough to hold different terrains to train on and a small sparing ring in the center.

"You guys train here every day?" Midoriya asked Bakugo as they walked to a wall where the rest of the class waited.

"Sometimes we train here, other times we train in the fake cities" Bakugo answered holding a cocky grin

"you have a fake city?!" he gasped "U. A really is cool"

"it's the school's priority to make sure it's students get the best learning experience to become great heroes"

Midoriya turned around to face the class president. Midoriya's eyes grew wide as he perked up at the sigh of the student.

"You must be Iida! The younger brother of Ingenium, correct?" Midoriya gasped and pulled out his notebook flipping it to a page with Iida's name written out in bold letters. "can you tell me about your quirk? Like when running do you switch engines every time you put each leg forward or are both constantly on? Where do you get the energy for your quirk?"

Iida was clearly taken aback by the sudden questions asked. Once the initial shock went away, Iida sighed and fixed his glasses "I'm not comfortable giving you such information. You have to understand that you were with the villains so I'm a little wary about telling you such things"

Midoriya visibly deflated at that but shook it off "yea, that makes sense, I'm sorry for asking" he awkwardly rubbed the back of his head and closed the book.

Bakugo narrowed his eyes at Iida ready to give him some snappy remark but he was stopped as another student went up to Deku.

"You look different than how I expected you" the girl placed her hands behind her back and smiled at Deku

Midoriya raised a brow unsure if that was an insult or compliment. She didn't look like someone to insult someone but Izuku knew looks could be deceiving.

"You're way friendlier" she smiled and stuck out her hand "it'd be nice to have you as a friend"

Midoriya hesitantly shook it "you want to be my friend? You don't have to be" he mumbled looking away.

"of course I would, everyone deserves a second chance. My name is Uraraka"

"I'm Midoriya" Midoriya nervously smiled.

"Alright class, today is just a sparing lesson to help strengthen your quirks" Aizawa spoke up. "I already have a list of who's going against who by how you use your quirks" their teacher explained.

Midoriya listened as his teacher as he listed off each pair excited to see who he would get partnered up with. Maybe Bakugo, since they both matched the determination to win, or Kirishima because he'd take less damage from his attacks, thanks to his quirk.

"and Kirishima is with Bakugo"

Midoriya tilted his head. Everyone was paired, why didn't he have a partner?

"Mr. Aizawa, I don't have a partner" he quietly said looking at the floor excepting the teacher to yell or get mad for questioning him.

"Remember the reason you're here. The school is still hesitant to let you do certain things with the students, sparing with them is one" Aizawa replied and signaled the first two to go into the rink.

"But I learned to pull my punches? Why are still they worried?" Midoriya bit his lip. He didn't want to anger the teacher, but this seemed unfair to him.

Aizawa grabbed his scarf and one side shot towards Midoriya.

Immediately, Izuku fronted and jumped away from the weapon and grabbed thin air where his staff would've usually been, his freckles glowed pink and purple and his eyes narrowed at the teacher.