53

Warning:
Mentions of suicide

There's also a hella long flashback. I wanted to show the character's importance to Izuku as quick as possible without brushing over it, but I kinda failed at making it short

"Are you really okay?" Kota quietly asked as Izuku wiped blood off of his nose for the fifth time. At this point, his hand was so bloody he could only smear it.

Izuku glanced back at Kota and nodded, "It's a drawback from overusing my quirk, and since I let my emotions get the best of me back there, all my quirks are on high alert which isn't helping." He explained, smoke coming out of his nose as he talked.

Both boys felt instant relief as they finally caught sight of the camp building in the distance. Unfortunately, said relief instantly melted away as screaming started coming closer to them. Kota felt Izuku tense next to him and slowly backed away from the green-haired boy. He didn't know how powerful the teen's quirks were, but he didn't want to add to the splatter of blood on Izuku's pants that probably only belonged to Muscular.

Soon, Izuku's freckles got brighter and Kota barely had time to realize what was happening as a student carrying another awkwardly ran towards them with wide, terrified eyes. Right behind them followed a giant creature that looked bigger than all of them combined.

"It's a nomu beast!" The other boy yelled as he reached for Kota by instinct.

Izuku's eyes darted up to the nomu and quietly cursed as it came running at them. Shigaraki knew what he was doing by sending this one to attack the camp. He stood his ground as the disfigured nomu stalked towards them.

"Kana!" Izuku yelled, trying to keep his voice even as possible. He knew that no matter how much he cried or tried to ignore it, these nomu were not the same people he knew from the cells. They reacted violently to anger and fear.

The nomu slowed down its pace as it finally reached the group. Izuku forced on a smile as he closed the gap between them and put distance between the nomu and the others in case anything went wrong.

"Kana, It's me, Izuku." he slowly motioned to his green hair and freckles with an unsteady smile. "It's been so long since we've seen each other"

Izuku could feel the stares from behind as the nomu bent forward and let out a small series of clicking noises and screeching. He almost felt proud of himself for teaching the remaining nomu how to communicate with him and each other when the experiments started becoming successful.

Izuku shook himself out of the feeling and nodded, "I knew I didn't recognize either of the villains I met" he mumbled to himself. "I was told that the league is after me and another student, do you know who it is?"

Two clicks, a screech, one more click, and a weird hissing noise.

Izuku felt the blood drain from his face at the butchered name he had stressed into each nomu until he could almost perfectly understand the name.

Kacchan, Katsuki

He was moments too late to realize that he had messed up as the nomu suddenly stood back up to its full size screeching, and machines whirring back to life at the recognition of fear.

"Run away!" Izuku shouted as he barely dodged a chainsaw aimed at his head.

"Why don't you kill the thing?!" The 1-b student asked as he dragged Momo away from the thing.

"I can't" Izuku shouted back from behind a tree, "she meant so much to me."

There was a tense moment between the two as the teen tried to figure out what he meant.