40

Me? Posting an update a day late cause I've lost all track of time? It's more likely than you think-

_____

Aizawa pinched his nose in frustration as he waited in his living room while the police searched Midoriya's room. Nedzu had arrived earlier with his famous kettle and was now walking towards him with a cup of tea.

Aizawa quietly accepted the cup but didn't drink from it. His mind was distracted with different reasons why Midoriya would've left without a word.

"It seems we have ourselves in quite a situation" Nedzu started the conversation for them.

Shouta put the cup of tea down and shook his head "I don't get it, he seemed content living here even if there were arguments every now and then"

The principal quietly drank his tea while watching Aizawa with curious eyes.

"I wonder what the breaking point was. Was it the school excluding him from everything, maybe I pushed him too far during quirk training? He was starting to get better, he had an actual chance at being able to prove himself and-"

"Eraser Head," one of the detectives walked out into the living room slightly shaking his head "we looked around the room, and as you said, there were no signs of struggle or anyone else being in that room" the detective paused to let the hero process things "Midoriya seemed to have left on his own will"

Nedzu took another sip of his tea before speaking again, "there's no mistaking it, Midoriya ran away from his only chance at redeeming himself" the principle set down his cup and smiled at the detective "have the officers keep a lookout for the boy, will you? I feel like there's a part we're missing"

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose before standing up, he no longer wanted to stay in his house "well, I should head to the school before class starts" he excused himself before leaving, not realizing that he excused himself from his own home until later.

___

Bakugo glared at Todoroki who slightly tilted his head in return.

"Do you ne-"

"What the fuck did Deku tell you?"

Todoroki sighed and focused back on work from their previous class "what happened that day doesn't involve you"

Bakugo growled and leaned closer to Todoroki. "Deku ran away last night, and the recent thing to happen was your fight a week ago. I don't know what happened between you two, but your dumbassery ruined what little work Deku made between him and Iida, and Uraraka stopped acknowledging him all tougher"

Todoroki rolled his eyes as Bakugo seemed to get louder with every word. "maybe it's not a bad thing he ran away, once a villain always a-"

A sharp slap across the face silenced Shoto and left him with a fuming Katsuki "you're starting to sound like that purple-haired bastard, and not the grape one" his voice lowered threateningly while Todoroki recovered from the slap. "You of all people should know how hard Deku is trying to put his villain days in the past, so you know you fucked up when he thinks his only option is to run"

Todoroki seemed to sober up and he put his head in his hands in an attempt to hide the look of anger and shame "he told me about my mom...how he killed her"

There was a tense silence and Bakugo slowly backed away processing it "holy shit..."

Todoroki could only nod "then he told me about his mom, how he slit her throat and killed her, and I guess... It was overwhelming. I flipped out on him and called him a useless nomu" the last two words were forced out through his teeth.