48

Honestly, being in a camp in the middle of the woods wasn't that fun when everyone else was asleep.

The first few hours of the night were spent roaming the surrounding forest and making up random games as he jumped from tree to tree.

Now, Izuku was hanging upside down on a tree branch quietly waiting. The forest was part of the Wild Wild Pussycat's territory, so that means it's free game, right?

Aizawa had left a spare phone out for Midoriya to use while everyone slept. Currently, a tab was open for different things you could make with rabbit.

The rustling of leaves alerted Izuku of the arrival of his first target. Carefully, Izuku lifted himself back into the tree and scanned the area below him. A brown rabbit jumped into view from his right, oblivious to the danger it was in.

Izuku held his breath as the rabbit came closer to Izuku's trap. Once the animal was under the branch he was on, Izuku jumped out the tree, hands first like a cat, and gracefully landed on the rabbit. Avoiding the rabbit's legs, Izuku held down the rabbit with one hand and used the other to lift its head until he hared a muffled snap from its neck.

Once he was sure the rabbit was dead, Izuku let go of the now dead rabbit and brought his hands together as he bowed and gave a quick thanks. Quietly, he grabbed the rabbit and climbed back up the tree and wrapped the corpse over a branch. Once sure that there was nothing around, Izuku laid on a branch next to the rabbit and let Midoriya cry.

"It's going to take a while if you keep crying every time we kill a rabbit" Izuku mumbled as he wiped away some tears. "only two more and we'll call it a day"

___

Aizawa wasn't sure what he was expecting. He left Izuku alone to wander a forest with no supervision for a night, that alone was a recipe for disaster.

Shouta had always read those articles about domestic cats being bad for wild the life ecosystem and how they should always be kept inside, but none of them mentioned a domesticated nomu. Villain? Kid? Do all kids go around killing small animals when left alone? No that's serial killers. Well...

He could worry about later when he wasn't trying to figure out what to tell a child who is proudly holding up three dead rabbits. Good job was out of the question, he can't encourage Izuku to run around killing animals, but he couldn't really get mad at him either.

"You killed those on your own?" that seemed like a good place to start.

Izuku excitedly shook his head. "The pussy cats had a lot of items in their kitchen and I found simple recipes I could use to cook rabbit!"

"And you want to cook that for..."

"The whole class!" Izuku finished for him. "I mean, we're camping in a forest, it makes sense to eat something from the forest"

"Yea, berries or something. Did you ask the heroes if you could hunt on their land?" Aizawa raised a brow.

Izuku hesitated, "well... No, but-"

Aizawa was careful to make it obvious where his hands were, and that he was putting them in his costume pockets as he spoke. "while I'm impressed that you managed to catch and kill three rabbits, you need to ask the heroes next time. Am I clear"

Izuku looked to the floor and nodded, "yes sir" he mumbled.

Aizawa sighed and slowly moved one hand to rub his face, "be done with breakfast before the class wakes up."

Izuku lit up and quickly ran to the kitchen to prepare the food.

Once the kid was out of sight, Aizawa walked to a shaded corner of the building and brought out his sleeping bag. He could get a few extra hours of sleep while Midoriya cooked.