Snow day

It was dark and cold.

Midoriya could see his breath with every step. He was shivering but refused to slow down. He didn't know where he was nor how to get home. Midoriya scanned the area, most of it was just a long stretch of snow-covered road. On his right, there were lights in the distance.

Midoriya blinked away tears as he turned and stumbled through the snow underneath him. It looked duller than he remembered, was it because there was barely any light, or was it the pure fear of the moment.

There was a shout from behind and the sound of alarms. Midoriya tried to make himself smaller as he forced his legs to go faster. Maybe there will be a small town. Someone's going to notice him bleeding from his head and listen to him. Would they listen to a kid? They have to.

The alarms got quieter as he got further and further away. Midoriya planned out his escape attempt for a month, it was almost all going according to plan. He smiled as the lights got brighter, it was a small town. And for the first time in what felt like forever, Midoriya laughed. He finally made it out. He'll tell the police and heroes about the cells. They'll free everyone in there and the woman can go back to her kids.

Crunch crunch

Midoriya stumbled as the sound of extra footprints joined behind him. He forced himself to look straight ahead even though every part of him screamed to turn around.

Was it another cellmate? No none of them had the energy left to follow him, and if they did why am I just now hearing them?

The steps got closer and Midoriya got faster

It can't be one of the scientists, none of their quirks could let them catch up to me. The alarms went off five minutes after I left. Maybe someone from the town!

"what do you think you're doing, Midoriya?"

Midoriya froze at the voice. It couldn't be. How did he get so close so fast?

Before Midoriya could properly think, he quickly scooped snow into his hands and spun around to throw it in his captor's face before running again. He knew he couldn't outrun the man now, but he just needed to get close enough to the town to alert at least one person. Just something to give him and the others hope.

Him

A guy was walking along the outskirts of the town. He seemed too busy looking at something on his phone to notice the boy running towards him.

"h-help!" Midoriya shouted and waved his arms "help me!"

The guy looked up with wide eyes.

Midoriya tripped over his foot and rolled in front of the man, but he wasn't fazed by it, running on pure adrenaline now.

"call the police! There's a man trying to kill me! He's holding people hostage you have to believe me call someone!"

The guy stared at Midoriya still trying to process everything.

Midoriya was growing frustrated and grabbed the guy's phone "we can't waste time! He's behind me" he said trying to dial the police.

Before he could press call, a sharp spear-like object went through the phone causing Midoriya to jump in surprise and drop it into the snow.

"You didn't think you could really escape did you?"

Midoriya turned to All for One and backed away "leave me alone!" he yelled and turned to the guy "pl-please you- you- you have to help us" he begged.

The guy backed away from him and Midoriya couldn't do anything but stare as he turned around and ran.

All for one tsked "we can't have anyone telling the police now can we?"