Thank God you're wake

Kayla Rose

                        Kayla Rose

I woke up with my head pounding as if there was a mine and people were digging for gold.

I squinted my eyes so they could adjust quickly to my surroundings. I looked around me and there was a shit load of wires.

What the fuck? What's happening?

As I was about to get up to rest on my hands the door opened, it was a nurse. She looked at me and looked back outside giving a signal for someone.

"Ms Romano you'll be fine, I'll just give you some panadol for your headache and you should heal in a day or two" A middle-aged-looking man came in.

Ms Romano?

"What's going on?" I asked but my voice was unclear and raspy.

" Well, you've been in a coma for 3 days because of how much blood you lost, thank God we found someone just in time to give you blood." The doctor said.

"Who is it?" I asked. "I've just called him to tell him you're awake, he's on his way," The doctor said.

He handed me the panadol and a glass cup. He did I few check-ups on my wound and left.

As I was about to put the pills in my mouth I remembered that I didn't know how to swallow pills.

No matter how hard I try I can never swallow pills and I don't know why.

I looked around me and saw things on a table nearby, I needed something to help me crush the pills so I can put them in the water.

I found a random piece of paper and an empty glass cup, so I'll just decide to use them.

As I was about to get up to get the two items I heard the door open and slam back shut.

Someone ran towards me and I looked up to see that it was Noah. Tears started to well up in my eyes as he gently helped me back to the hospital bed.

It's him.

He was the one that donated blood to me. I sat back resting my back on the backboard of the bed.

What kind of hospital is this? Why is the bed so comfy?

"What do you need, tell me and I'll get it for you. You just sit there and don't move" He said.

"The doctor gave me panadol but I don't know how to swallow pills so I need to crush them to take it." my voice was shaky.

I watched as put the panadol on the paper, folded it and then used the cup to crush the panadol.

He then added some water to the cup and set it aside. He cautiously gave me the paper making sure to not drop any of the crushed pills.

I held the paper and put the pills in my mouth then he took the glass cup from the table and fed it to me.