Chapter 38

Warning some mature language.

Allison's POV:
We were in the car on our way back to the lake house and everything was silent. It seemed like everyone was lost in their own thoughts. I was thinking about a number of things at the same time and I got so confused.

I decided to break the silence, "Um, so what are we going to do when we get back to the lake house?" I asked. I didn't really get a reply other than some shrugs.

Then I saw something out the window that made me sit up in my seat.

"Pull over!" I shouted.

Luke, who was driving, asked, "Why?"

"Because I said so! I'll explain in a minute!" He did as I said and I jumped out of the car. I ran back a few feet and saw it.

The others must have thought I was crazy but they ran after me.

On the side of the road there was a piece of paper.

"You made us stop because of some litter?" Keyana said seeing the paper.

"It's not just litter," I said.

It was a message. It said, "Sailwood has its secrets and so do you. And don't worry I know them. All of them. Especially yours, Ally.
-TRC"

What did the TRC have against me? What does TRC even mean? Now I was even more confused.

We all got back in the car, well except me.

Just then, I felt someone grab me and drag me into the woods. I tried to scream but I couldn't. They pulled me deep into the woods. Then I saw who it was.

Paris's POV:
Luke had started the car and we were thirty minutes away from where we had found the message. Then, it dawned on me.

"Where's Ally?" I asked.

"What?" Luke asked, "We, we left her?" He seemed worried.

"Wait she's not here?" Hami hadn't realized either. No one had.

"Well, we should be happy she's gone!" Jackson said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I think she's part of the TRC, no one else noticed that note but her and it was mostly towards her. She probably planted it!" Jackson explained himself.

"Oh, she's not part of the TRC she would never want to work with Ca-" Hami stopped herself.

"Who? What do you know Hami?" I asked suddenly offended that she hadn't told me something like this.

Hami explained how she had fought with Caleb at the hospital.

Allison's POV:
"What do you want?" I yelled, hoping someone would hear me and help.

"I think it's time you know that I work with the TRC and that you're next on the kill list. And what are you doing with- never mind. I just wanted to warn you." he said.

"Why would you want to warn me after all you've done to me! You should know that I don't believe you and that I'm not scared. And what the hell is wrong with you? You-"

"Dammit Ally, your friends don't care about you like you think. They drove off. And you know who was driving, Luke."

"Oh my God. You're pathetic."

"That's you innocent little Ally." Caleb knew how to push my buttons, "I'll bring you back to the lake house, but be warned. And I really do know your secrets, even the dark ones. You know what I mean, innocent Allison." He chuckled.

"Fine bring me back there, but don't-"

"Whatever. Let's go." he dragged me to a car hidden in the bushes and we were on our way to the house.

I texted Luke that I was on my way back to the house.

Luke's POV:
Right after we got back to the house, I got a text from Ally.

"Ally's on her way." I announced to everyone, "She texted me."

"Why did she text you?" asked Sam. I guess he could read my expression on my face.

"Oh my God." he said, "You and Ally. Ew. Well, eh I don't really know yet."

Just then, Paris walked up.

"Hm. Lukison?" I guess I smiled because she seemed proud of herself.

After a while the doorbell rang and Ally showed up. I was relieved that she was still in one piece.

"How'd you get here?" I asked.

"I found a," she paused briefly, "a bike." She was lying, but why?

"Ally, can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Yeah." I led her outside to one of the docks. We sat down.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," she seemed distant.

"What's wrong then? And why did you lie back there?"

"What?" she seemed to wake up from whatever trance she was in, "lie? About what?"

"The bike."

"Oh well, I-" I couldn't help it, I kissed her. It felt right.

"Woah." she said pulling away.

"What?"

"I think I-"

"I know. And I-"

"I know." she said and I couldn't stop smiling. I never realized.

"I need to get cleaned up," she said noticing that her clothes were torn and dirty.

"Okay. I'll see you later." I said, still smiling.