A Detective and Drunk Writer (Ranpoe)

(A/N: alrighty, I've decided to do the drunk confession trope again, this time starring Poe. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Poe had been having one of those days where his writer's block wouldn't leave him alone. And to make matters worse, his brain had not only decided to deprive him of any and all inspiration, it also decided it would be a good idea to attack him with thoughts of a certain someone.

But not just any someone.

The one who had defeated him so long ago. The one who was his rival and had been since that fateful day. The one who...

...Poe was starting to realize he viewed as more than a rival.

No, I can't think those things. He'd never like me back, Poe thought. Of course, he had no evidence of this. But he didn't think he was wrong. Maybe there was a small chance that he wasn't...no, that definitely couldn't be the case.

Poe sighed, looking down at his practically empty page. This lack of inspiration was seriously starting to bug him. He really needed some sort of distraction so he could stop thinking about a certain detective that was currently invading his mind. And he needed to figure out something to write. Since when was that so hard to do?

Eventually, Poe headed to the bar. Maybe if he had a few drinks, he could get Ranpo off his mind. It sort of hurt to think of the detective at this point because of how convinced Poe was that his feelings would never be returned. Why was this his life?

Trying to stop thinking about everything that was bothering him, Poe began to drink. Hopefully this worked. And if it didn't...well, he wasn't sure.

A little later, Ranpo also headed to the bar. He'd had a slightly hard day at work and he wanted to unwind. As he walked in, he froze when he saw a familiar figure.

Was that...Poe?

Ranpo was confused. As far as he knew, it wasn't really like Poe to be someplace like this. He walked over and realized that Poe was in fact there.

Poe had stopped drinking awhile ago, but he was already fairly drunk.

Ranpo walked over and sat next to Poe. "Hey, Poe?"

Poe blinked a few times, barely registering the familiar voice.

"Oh, boy. You're pretty drunk," Ranpo noted.

"No, I'm nooootttttt..." Poe protested, his speech slurring a bit.

"Yes, you are."

"No."

Ranpo sighed, moving closer to Poe. "Alright, you're coming with me."

"Why...?"

"Because I need to get you home."

"I can do that myself."

"...Have you seen yourself? No, you can't." Ranpo carefully began to lift Poe off the barstool.

Poe remained quiet as Ranpo did so.

Ranpo was going to help Poe walk, but then he noticed how the writer was hardly able to stand even with help.

Welp, guess I'm carrying him, Ranpo thought. He scooped up his rival and began to walk out of the bar.

Poe's mind was still very hazy, but he faintly realized that...Ranpo was carrying him?

Ranpo glanced at Poe.

Poe only managed to gaze back for a minute before looking away.

Ranpo laughed to himself. Poe really was quite adorable.