What Is This Feeling? (Q x Kenji)

(A/N: I figured it was about time I wrote something for these two. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Kenji and Q were hanging out together as they sometimes did. Given how their friendship had started out on a rather...unconventional note, it was a bit shocking to both of them that they had managed to become friends. But they had, and their friendship was thriving.

"So...how have you been?" Q asked.

Kenji smiled. "I've been pretty good! Just working like usual. How about you?"

"Same. Mori practically never gives us breaks though," Q sulked.

"Aww, sorry to hear that." Kenji patted Q's head.

"It's ok."

"You sure about that?"

"I mean...it's practically all I've ever known."

"But that doesn't mean it's a good thing."

"...You're right."

"I wish I could help more."

"You help a lot just by being my friend."

Kenji was a bit shocked. "I do?"

Q nodded. "Of course."

Kenji's face turned slightly red. "Oh...well, I'm glad I can."

Q smiled. "Same here."

Kenji smiled back.

The two kids hung out a bit longer, and then Q checked their watch. "Welp...looks like I gotta get back to work. Sorry, Kenji."

"It's ok! We can hang out again some other time," Kenji assured them.

"Yay!" Satisfied with the offer, Q began to head back to the Mafia's headquarters.

"Wait!" Kenji ran after Q.

"Hm?" Q stopped and turned around.

Kenji ran up to Q and pulled them into a hug.

Feeling their face heat up a bit, Q returned the hug.

Kenji reluctantly pulled away a few minutes later. "Well...I'll see you whenever I see you, I suppose."

"Yeah," Q agreed. "Bye for now." They waved and once again started to head back to the Mafia's headquarters.

Kenji waved back and watched Q leave. He then turned and went back to the agency. As he walked, he wondered what on earth had possessed him just now. True, he had hugged Q lots of times before, but why'd he suddenly do it just now? What was up with that?

Kenji remained distracted as he returned to the agency, and he found himself unable to concentrate on his work.

Kyouka noticed and walked over to him. "Kenji?"

Kenji blinked and snapped out of it. "Oh hey, Kyo. What's up?"

"You seem a bit distracted," Kyouka commented.

"I did?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, uh...I guess I'm just confused about something."

"Like what?"

"You know Q, right?"

"Mhm."

"I was hanging out with them earlier, and now I can't stop thinking about them and I don't know why."

Kyouka thought about it. "Maybe you like them?"

Kenji blinked in shock. "W-what?"

"I'm just saying, it sounds to me as if you like Q."