Reunited (Suegiku)

(A/N: because of all the angst and uncertainty that's been going down, I decided to write more fluff. And also because *SPOILER* WE WERE ROBBED OF A SUEGIKU REUNION IN THE SEASON FINALE AND THAT'S ONE OF THE MAIN THINGS I'D HOPED TO SEE! I'm not okay :') without further ado, enjoy! Also, happy birthday to my favorite Hunting Dog!)

Tecchou felt as if he'd been searching for Jouno for an eternity (even going so far as to fight a child over it and then making amends with said child)...but he wasn't about to stop. Not until he saw with his own eyes that his friend was okay. What didn't help was there was that little voice in the back of his mind saying that there was the very real possibility that Jouno was hurt...or worse.

Tecchou tried hard to ignore it, but he just couldn't seem to, and it only served to make him worry even more. Jouno just had to be okay. He had to...

He can't get hurt...or die or anything. What if he does and I never got to tell him how I feel...? Tecchou thought. No, that's not the point. My main priority should be looking for him and making sure he's safe. I can think about my feelings later...

The truth was, Tecchou had realized recently that he saw his partner as more than a friend. He wished he'd realized it sooner, but he hadn't. Not until he got separated from Jouno and he was forced to confront the feelings he'd been ignoring and unsure of for so long. Now, though? He just felt like an idiot for not realizing his feelings sooner and not telling Jouno about them. Now he worried that he'd never get to because he just wasn't sure how to back when he had the chance.

Tecchou took a deep breath and tried to calm down, looking around. As unlikely as he knew it was, he kept hoping that Jouno would just appear out of nowhere. He longed to see him again, to hear his voice, to be around him...heck, he would even listen to Jouno's nonsense rants about his totally not at all weird food combinations if that meant he got to see him again.

"Come on, Jouno...where are you...?" Tecchou asked, knowing he wouldn't get an answer. He looked around. "Jouno..." He started to worry more. Where is he...?

That was when his anxiety started to get worse. His mind began to rush through all of the worst-case scenarios. What if I was too late? What if something happened? What if Jouno's...dead...?

He tried not to think that way, but the longer it took before he saw his friend, the more he worried. It had been way too long since he'd last seen him and with everything that was going on, he didn't think it would be off-base to assume the worst...as much as he hated that his brain kept taking that direction.

He let his mind wander again as he continued searching. He began to wonder if maybe he should've let that kid Kenji stay and help him search. He remembered how Kenji had promised to help search for Jouno, but then he'd been reunited with some of his fellow agency members (Tecchou admittedly wished that could've been him, too. He wished he'd already found Jouno). Kenji had then gotten a little conflicted because he wanted to stay with the agency members he'd been reunited with, but he didn't want to break his promise. Tecchou had been quick to reassure him that he'd be fine and the kid could stay. Kenji did stay, but he'd also clearly felt bad.

It was around then that Tecchou had started to think about his blind partner again. He'd better be okay...I don't know what I'd do without him...

He kept looking around, a lot more frantically this time. "Jouno!" He scanned every area he walked through, hoping that he could once again see that familiar sight of closed eyes, red and white hair, and that calm but vaguely irritated expression, and hear that irritated but also sometimes gentle voice.

And he eventually did find his partner.

Lying on the ground.

Looking unconscious...or maybe even worse...