Overthinking Buddies (Poe and Louisa, Lucy x Louisa)

(A/N: because I love the idea of Poe and Louisa being friends, I decided to write this. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Louisa had recently realized something...

She liked someone.

And it wasn't just someone, it was one of her fellow Guild members. None other than Lucy.

The two girls had been friends for awhile, pretty much ever since they started working together. But Louisa had recently started to realize that she didn't see Lucy as only a friend.

Therefore, this meant she needed to get some advice from someone on what to do. She didn't know if Lucy would feel the same, so she wanted to get a second opinion.

She ventured towards Poe's house and knocked on the door once she got there.

Poe had been working on his next book as Karl napped on him when he heard the knock at the door. That's odd, I wasn't expecting anyone, he thought. He carefully got up so as not to wake up Karl and opened the door to see Louisa there. "Oh, hey Louisa."

"Hey. Sorry I showed up unannounced, but...I might need your advice on something," Louisa began.

"It's fine. Come in."

"Great, thanks." Louisa walked in and sat on the couch.

Poe sat next to her. "So what's up?"

Louisa took a deep breath. "I like someone."

"It's Lucy, isn't it?"

"...How'd you know?!"

"Lou, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone knows. You're not exactly subtle."

Louisa scowled and threw a pillow at Poe. "You're one to talk, Mr. I'm Only Ranpo's Rival Even Though I Think About Him All The Time."

Poe laughed a little, catching the pillow. "Touche. Alright, I'll stop. Sorry."

"It's fine. I'm just wondering what I should do. Like, what did you do back when you were in my situation?"

"Just because I got with Ranpo doesn't mean I know how I did it."

"Right, that makes sense."

"Jokes aside, I was going to tell him but then it turned out I didn't need to."

"He already knew?"

"He knows pretty much everything. Even told me so right as I was about to confess. I'd finally gathered up the courage to tell him only for him to essentially tell me I was obvious to the point I didn't actually have to confess."

"True. But I probably have to actually confess to Lucy if I want her to know how I feel. But...how do I do that? I can't just walk up to her and say that...can I?"

Poe fell silent for a minute. He knew where Lucy was coming from, confessing was pretty scary. "I get what you mean, but she also might not know you like her unless you tell her that."

Louisa sighed. "You're right..."

"That being said, I'm sure that even if she didn't return your feelings, she'd still want to be your friend."

"I know, but I'm not sure I'd be able to handle getting rejected."

"That's a valid fear, I felt like that plenty too."

"I know, you asked me at least five times what you'd do if Ranpo didn't feel the same."

Poe was embarrassed. "Lou, we're not talking about me right now. We're talking about you."