Baking (Tecchou, Jouno, Tachihara, and Teruko, Suegiku)

(A/N: here we we are, y'all. chapter 50. so I got this idea from a fanfic I was reading. that and I decided I needed to write a Suegiku Christmas oneshot. without further ado, enjoy!)

It was a nice, cold day in December, and Tecchou and Jouno were enjoying a rare day off.

Jouno was sitting on the couch, running his fingers over the pages of the book he was reading when he heard some familiar footsteps approaching him. Without even looking up, he asked, "what is it, Tecchou?" He spoke a little absentmindedly, as he was getting to the good part in the book.

Tecchou sat down next to Jouno, looking at him. "So, I was thinking-"

"What a rare occurrence," Jouno deadpanned.

Tecchou pouted.

Sensing it and by extension picturing it, Jouno laughed a little. "You were saying?"

Tecchou's expression switched to a smile. "We should bake some Christmas cookies together!"

"With your horrible tendencies to combine the worst things imaginable? No way." Jouno immediately shut that down.

"You have so little faith in me."

"And for good reason."

Tecchou put on a sad face. "I'm just asking to spend some quality time with my boyfriend, and he immediately shuts me down? I'm hurt."

Jouno sighed, used to Tecchou's theatrics by now. "Forgive me for not wanting to eat one of your horrible combinations you're definitely going to make."

"You don't even know I'll do that! Where's your proof?"

"Oh, I don't know. Repeated offenses regarding food? War crimes against humanity, even?"

"Now you're just being dramatic. How you wound me, you cruel, blind sadist." Tecchou dramatically fell backwards, resting his head on Jouno's lap and looking up at him.

"Who's being dramatic here?" Jouno glanced down when he felt Tecchou laying down on him.

"You." Tecchou crossed his arms.

"Are you going to get off me?"

"Never. You're too comfortable."

Jouno grinned teasingly. "Then I suppose we can't bake cookies like you wanted."

Tecchou instantly shot up, sitting up again. "You'll bake cookies with me?!"

"Yeah. You already interrupted my reading so I might as well."

"Great!" Tecchou smiled and stood up, taking Jouno's hand and trying to pull him off the couch. "Come on, there's no time to waste."

Jouno laughed a little, getting up. "We have the whole day."

"My point still stands." Tecchou took Jouno to the kitchen, not letting go of his hand. Then he paused as an idea came to him.

Jouno tilted his head, confused.

Tecchou turned to look at him. "Let's invite Tachihara and Teruko over to help us. They have the day off, too."

"I suppose that's not a bad idea. You clearly need more than one person to monitor you and make sure you don't make some atrocious combination."

"Hey. Stop throwing jabs at me every chance you get, Jojo." Tecchou pouted.

Jouno grinned teasingly. "No."

"Hmph." Tecchou continued pouting as he dialed up Tachihara and Teruko and asked them to come over. He then kept pouting as he hung up and began to get the ingredients and cookie cutters.