Makeup (Ranpoe)

(A/N: I randomly got this idea, and y'all know what that means: I need to write about it. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Ranpo and Poe were hanging out at Poe's house one day when Ranpo suddenly got the best idea ever known to mankind. He slowly turned to look at Poe, grinning.

Poe glanced back at Ranpo. I feel like I should be concerned... "Do I want to know why you're looking at me like that?"

"Of course you do, my dear. You love hearing what goes on in my head," Ranpo pointed out.

"True."

"Sooooooooo...I just got a great idea!"

"You did?"

"Yes!"

"What is it?"

Ranpo just grinned more and pulled some makeup out of his bag.

Poe was confused now. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to test out my makeup skills on you!"

"You couldn't do that to Yosano instead?"

"I mean, I could. She wouldn't mind, I don't think. But as it stands, she is currently not here. So it has to be you. Or Karl. Either way works."

The Karl in question, who had been laying next to Poe and napping, opened his eyes for a minute when he heard his name. He peered at Ranpo and then just went back to sleep.

"...That makes sense, I guess. Though you should probably let Karl sleep."

"True. Plus, I'm sure you'd look beautiful."

"That's a bold assumption."

"Oh, please. You always look beautiful."

Poe's face heated up.

"So, can I?" Ranpo pleadingly looked at Poe.

Poe sighed. "Alright."

Ranpo smiled. "Yay!" He fished a headband out of his bag and placed it on Poe, moving his hair out of his face.

Poe instinctively looked away. For one thing, he had never been great with eye contact. For another, he still didn't like his eyes that much even though Ranpo seemed to think they were pretty for whatever reason.

Ranpo grabbed the eyeliner and scooted a little closer to Poe.

The writer kept determinedly looking away. He was painfully aware of how close Ranpo was.

Ranpo began to apply the eyeliner to Poe.

A few minutes later, he had finished and looked at Poe, smiling to himself.

Poe glanced at Ranpo, noticing.

"I knew it! You're beautiful," Ranpo commented.

Poe quickly averted his gaze again.

"Come on! I need to know what you think, too." Ranpo gave Poe a handheld mirror.

Poe took the mirror and gazed at his reflection. Hm, maybe Ranpo's not completely wrong. He still felt like Ranpo was exaggerating, but he didn't think he looked too bad, either.

"Sooooooo? What do ya think?" Ranpo asked eagerly.

"You did great!" Poe replied.

"Yay! Now, I have a bit more to do."

"Wait...you mean you're not done?"

"Nope! Unless you want me to be."

Poe was curious now that Ranpo had mentioned wanting to do more. "No, it's fine."

"Great!" Ranpo got out some eyeshadow next. He dipped the brush into a sparkly, dark purple pallet. "Close your eyes~."

Poe did so.

Ranpo then began to glide the brush across Poe's eyelids.

Once he was done, he took a minute to gaze at the great makeup job he'd done. While he acknowledged that this was thanks to his skills, he also credited Poe's good looks. "Alright, Ed. You can open your eyes now."

Poe opened his eyes and looked in the mirror. His eyes widened a bit.

"Doesn't it look great?" Ranpo grinned.

Poe nodded. "Yeah, it does!"

"So you admit that you're beautiful!"

Poe shrugged. "I was complimenting your makeup skills, but ok."

"Well, you need to also compliment your looks."

"I'll try to do that. No promises, though."

"Good enough for me."

Poe looked at himself some more. He actually did like the way he looked. He still mostly thought it was due to Ranpo's makeup skills, but he decided it wouldn't be too bad to think he was pretty for once.

Ranpo smiled as he watched Poe. Truth be told, he hadn't suggested this only to test out his makeup skills, he knew he was already great at it and just used that as his excuse. Poe had been right, he could've just as easily asked Yosano if she'd let him. But she wasn't currently there, for one thing. Ranpo had mainly suggested this because he wanted to try and help Poe see his beauty. He knew that didn't come easy to the writer, and it made him sad. He wished Poe could see how amazing he was in every way. He was willing to do whatever it took to try and help achieve that result. He also knew it might take awhile, but even just the fact that Poe seemed to like his appearance right now was progress.