Don't Leave Me (Ranpo and Yosano and Fukuzawa, Ranpoe)

(A/N: this one's going to include some manga spoilers. So if you don't want those, this is your warning to click off now. That aside, you're in for some angst. But listen, I had to write this, ok? I'm concerned about Fukuzawa and need to reassure myself and probably a bunch of other fans)

It had all happened so fast.

Fukuzawa and Fukuchi had been fighting and it could've been anyone's victory...until it wasn't Fukuzawa's.

Before Ranpo could do anything about it, Fukuzawa had gotten stabbed and was in real danger of dying.

Right in that moment, Ranpo was sent right back to months ago when Fukuzawa had fallen unconscious and he'd been dealing with similar fears that his father figure wouldn't survive. And back to when he'd realized the hard way that he'd never been able to take the time to process it and as a result, the memories had come flooding back months later at the worst possible time and caused him to break down in front of Poe.

Now, though?

Those fears felt so much worse, so much more real. No, they were more real.

It hadn't even been that long since Ranpo and Poe had teamed up to save Fukuzawa, and now here he was in danger again.

Oh Yosano...where are you? Ranpo thought worriedly. If his longtime best friend was here, she could heal the president and he'd be fine.

But she wasn't here, and Ranpo had no idea where she was.

So there was only one thing he could do now.

Ranpo rushed over, tried his best to lift Fukuzawa up, stop the bleeding, carry him, and make his escape. He hoped against hope that he could find Yosano before it was too late and Fukuzawa-

No, I can't think like that. I have to keep hoping that I'll find Kiki and she can heal dad... Ranpo thought, trying (and just barely succeeding) to hold it together. Please be ok, dad... I can't lose you...

Ranpo went on like that for the longest time, screaming out Yosano's name until he couldn't anymore and relentlessly searching for her.

Eventually, right when Ranpo had just about given up the hope of ever finding Yosano, he finally spotted her off in the distance and began to run over to her.

Yosano blinked in shock a few times when she saw Ranpo. "Ranpo...?"

"It's me..." Ranpo confirmed, out of breath from running so much.

Just then, Yosano's gaze wandered over to...an injured Fukuzawa?! Her eyes widened. "What happened to him?!"

"Fukuchi stabbed him and now I'm worried he won't survive! Please save him, Kiki! He can't die! Not yet...not ever...I don't know what I'd do without him...!"

"Ranpo, hey. Calm down. I promise I'll save him." Yosano placed her hands on Ranpo's shoulders.

Ranpo took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

Yosano took Fukuzawa out of Ranpo's arms.

Ranpo looked at Yosano. "Let me know once he's better?"

"Of course I will."

Ranpo tried harder to calm down.

Yosano began to walk off with Fukuzawa, but turned to glance at Ranpo. "You coming with me?"

Ranpo thought for a minute. He didn't want to leave Fukuzawa, but... "I think I just need to be alone for awhile."

"Alright." Yosano was concerned about her friend, but she didn't have time to try and convince him otherwise, or know if she even should. Ranpo probably just needed time to process things, which Yosano would absolutely let him do after everything he'd been through. Plus, what she needed to focus on right now was healing Fukuzawa. He'd once saved her, so now it was her turn to save him. She began to walk away, waving slightly to Ranpo.