Ranpo's Injury (Ranpoe)

(A/N: so this was inspired by a conversation with -ashtxnn- and basically what happens here is Ranpo decides to try on Poe's heels and then twists his ankle. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Ranpo was hanging out with Poe at his house as the latter was working on his next book.

Ranpo watched Poe for awhile, as he always loved seeing his boyfriend hard at work. It was nice to just study the way he was when he was concentrating and in deep thought. Actually, it was nice to look at Poe in general.

At one point, Ranpo's eyes wandered over to the heeled boots Poe usually wore. They were absent from the writer's feet. That was shocking. He practically always wore them.

Then Ranpo got an idea. "Hey, Poe?"

Poe looked up from his desk. "Yeah?"

"Could I try on your heels?"

"Sure, if you want to."

"Yay!" Ranpo got up, grabbed the heels, put them on, and then tried walking in them.

...This was harder than Ranpo had originally thought it would be. He struggled to walk in the heels.

Poe looked up again. "You ok?"

"Yep!" Ranpo replied, trying to look as if he wasn't currently struggling.

Poe gave Ranpo a skeptical look.

"Everything's fine, my dear. I can totally walk in these heels," Ranpo insisted.

Poe still wasn't convinced, but he went back to writing.

How does he constantly walk in heels and never fall? Ranpo wondered. He kept trying to walk. Finally though, he'd managed to walk a few steps without stumbling...and then he fell, twisting his ankle.

"Ranpo!" Poe instantly got worried and rushed over.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Ranpo tried to stand up, but it instantly hurt.

He definitely isn't fine, Poe thought.

Ranpo looked up at Poe. "Poe...I'm not in fact fine. I'm gravely injured. I'll never be able to walk again. Your heels are a wicked curse."

Of course Poe knew Ranpo was mostly being dramatic, but he was still worried. He scooped Ranpo up and put him on the couch. Then he headed over to the freezer and got some ice. He handed it to Ranpo and sat down next to him.

"Thanks," Ranpo said, taking it.

"You're welcome," Poe replied.

Ranpo put the ice on his ankle, hoping it would lessen the pain. And in that moment, he vowed to never again put on a pair of heels. Those things were evil little monsters. What was the appeal of them, anyway?

Wait.

Ranpo began to get an idea. He slowly turned to look at Poe.

Poe looked back at Ranpo, wondering if he should be concerned by Ranpo's expression.

"My dearest Ed, I have been severely injured and can't ever walk again and I badly broke both of my legs and now I also might die a very painful death. Therefore, I'll need you to take care of me," Ranpo announced. He wasn't actually hurt that badly, but that was besides the point.

"I'll take care of you but don't die!" Poe replied.

"I won't. I'm too awesome to die."

"Good thing, too."