Am I Normal? (Ranpo and Fukuzawa, Ranpoe)

(A/N: heheheh...alrighty guys. Time for me to heavily project onto both Ranpo and Poe. >:) I got this inspired after reading something similar. This includes a few headcanons of mine)

Ranpo had always known he was different. There was no way around it.

Whether it was the way he seemed to have no filter whatsoever and always spoke his mind (which got him into trouble more times than he'd like to admit), his tendency to keep his eyes closed so as to avoid eye contact (which in his opinion was a dumb social expectation because why was that the end all be all way to show you were listening?), how he was obsessed with detective work and had been from a pretty young age and would ramble about it to anyone who was willing to listen, the way he physically couldn't seem to eat certain foods and instead stuck to his usual snacks most of the time, how he was very picky about his clothing, the way things sometimes got to be too overwhelming at work and he couldn't focus, his horrible sense of direction that got him lost an embarrassing amount of times for a master detective, the way he not only hated change  but also had so much trouble getting used to it, or the way he just wasn't that great at socializing and therefore only had a few friends (he still sometimes wondered how he managed to score a boyfriend), he was well aware that he wasn't like most people.

He had become more or less familiar with those differences. While he still sometimes had days where he wished he could just be "normal", he mostly accepted who he was. He'd had those characteristics his whole life, so at least he knew what to expect.

This possible difference, though?

He didn't know how he was supposed to deal with it.

As previously stated, he had started dating Poe awhile back (once the writer came to terms with his feelings instead of always rival-zoning the detective) and things were overall really good between them. They rarely fought and when they did, they usually resolved things fairly quickly. Poe kept writing his books and Ranpo kept reading them, the two of them plus Karl enjoyed watching mysteries (even though Ranpo had a habit of spoiling them since he always figured them out within the first few minutes), they baked together, went on dates, and other times they hung out at home, content to just enjoy each other's company.

All of that was normal couple-y stuff, right? Well, yes but...Ranpo had recently realized he and Poe had never gotten intimate in the way most couples did. The most they ever did was kiss and cuddle.

It made Ranpo wonder if he was failing as a boyfriend. Wasn't he supposed to offer that sort of thing? Didn't it just naturally come with the territory of dating someone? Granted, Poe hadn't ever asked for it, but well...he was shy and likely wouldn't outright ask something like that. So didn't that mean Ranpo should take the initiative? He wasn't sure if Poe wanted it though...or even if he himself did.

All this wondering had led him to what felt like a jarring realization: he'd never looked at anyone and thought "wow, I'd bang them". He'd never even thought that about Poe. Granted, Poe was the first person Ranpo ever liked romantically (which had come as a shock to him because he'd originally thought he just didn't feel romantic attraction. But once he'd gotten to know Poe better and became friends with him, that was when he'd started to fall for the shy writer).

Ranpo was shaken to his core upon discovering this. Wasn't that a normal human desire? Didn't everyone want that at one point in their lives? Was he...broken somehow? Was his worst fear coming true and he was being a bad boyfriend and failing Poe?

Unfortunately, Ranpo had been thinking about all of this at work and without even realizing it, he'd gotten up from his desk and started pacing, trying to stay calm.

Meanwhile...

Poe had been thinking a lot lately, both about himself and his relationship with Ranpo. They were doing most of the things that he thought couples did...except for one thing: he'd never slept with Ranpo (well, not in that way, at least).