Advice (Poe and Twain, Ranpoe)

(A/N: I got this idea from something Goubilicious wrote and then a conversation we had. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Poe had a problem.

Quite possibly the biggest problem to ever exist to mankind.

He was crushing on his rival, of all people. Why was this his life? Why couldn't he have fallen for someone else? Why? Just why?

Poe paced around the room as the hurricane of thoughts swirled around in his mind. How was he supposed to deal with this?

Karl squeaked a bit as Poe paced. He was trying to nap and couldn't do that with his owner practically running laps around the room.

Poe glanced at him. "Sorry, Karl. I'll try to calm down." He petted the raccoon.

Karl squeaked some more, enjoying the pats.

Poe paced a bit more, but slower this time.

Twain walked into the room. "Dude, you're gonna wear a hole into the floor."

Poe jumped and abruptly stopped pacing altogether when he heard Twain. He glanced over and relaxed a bit once he saw who it was. "Oh, it's just you."

"Just me? Excuse you." Twain scowled.

"You know what I mean."

"Eh, fair point. What's got you so bothered?"

"I'm not bothered."

"Yes, you are. You only pace when something has you anxious."

"No."

"Don't bother trying to lie. I know you better than that."

Poe sighed. "Ok, you're right."

"Yes, I am."

Poe fell silent. How do I tell him something like this...?

"I could try and help with whatever's wrong if you want."

"I'm not sure this is something you can help with."

"Try me, Eddy."

"Don't call me that."

"Ok, Eddy."

Poe fell silent, trying to figure out how best to phrase this. He didn't even know why he was about to admit things to Twain, of all people. It wasn't that he disliked him or anything, they just weren't really close and even if they were, Poe wasn't exactly the type to open up anyway. That being said, he really felt like he needed to tell someone other than Karl about this. He took a deep breath and looked at Twain.

Twain looked back at Poe.

"I like someone..." Poe admitted.

"Oh, really?" Twain asked.

Poe nodded.

"Is it that guy you're always talking about getting revenge on? Ranpo or whatever his name is?"

"...Yes, that would be him."

"What a turn of events. You dedicate six years to trying to seek revenge on this guy only to realize that you're crushing on him."

"Don't put it like that..."

"But isn't that basically what happened? Or did you like him all along and you're just trying to hide it with this whole revenge thing?"

"Twain."

"Aha! I bet you liked him all along and just haven't admitted it until now! I knew it! And you probably think about him all the time."