Poe Can Flirt?! (Ranpoe)

(A/N: aaaaaaaand make that four in a row. Ranpoe is holding me at gunpoint. Anyways, this will sorta be like the last oneshot, but different cause it's before Ranpo and Poe confessed to each other. Without further ado, enjoy!)

Poe had recently discovered something.

Something he wasn't sure how to feel about.

He'd figured out that he actually really liked a certain rival of his. It wasn't completely a shock since he'd always admired the guy. But he hadn't necessarily expected to fall for Ranpo, of all people.

All he knew was that Ranpo must never find out. There were a few reasons for that, but the main one was that he doubted Ranpo would ever return his feelings. Therefore, he determined to never even imply to Ranpo that he liked him. It had to remain a secret at all costs.

Of course Poe realized that Ranpo would probably figure it out eventually, which only caused him to feel more anxious over the whole thing. He could try avoiding Ranpo, but wouldn't that raise suspicions given how often he went over to the agency to visit him?

It would.

And if Poe was being honest, he wanted to see Ranpo more, not less. So avoiding him was out of the question.

He decided that he'd just have to try his best to act casual around Ranpo and not give away any hint of his feelings.

Yeah. That was exactly what he'd do.

And it worked...until it didn't.

One day, Poe had decided to go to the bar. He'd had a more stressful day than usual and found himself needing to unwind.

Some time passed, and Poe proceeded to get drunk.

Ranpo arrived at the bar for similar reasons that Poe had. Speaking of...wait. Was that Poe?

Ranpo stepped a little closer and realized that yes, that was in fact his rival. That was strange. As far as Ranpo knew, this wasn't really like Poe.

Ranpo sat down. If Poe was this drunk, then he was definitely going to need help.

Poe blinked a few times and then saw Ranpo. "I've just seen the most beautiful angel ever~."

Ranpo's eyes widened. For once, he wasn't able to think up a comeback like he usually could. He had to be dreaming. There was no way his longtime rival just flirted with him.

Poe, seemingly unbothered by the lack of response, continued on. "Is it hot in here, or is it just you?"

Nope. Apparently this wasn't a dream. Poe really was flirting with Ranpo. And...he was good at it?! This had to be the most surprising thing ever.

"You've got everything I've been searching for and believe me, I've been searching for a long time."

Ranpo still didn't know how to respond.

"Raaaaannnnpppoooooo..."

"Yes?"

"Do you have a name, or should I call you mine?"

"...You just used my name." Ranpo was getting a little flustered.

"And you didn't answer my question~."

"Poe, you're drunk."

"Trust me, I'm not drunk. I'm just intoxicated by you."

Focus on the task at hand. Poe needs to go home pronto and you need to take him since he can't get there himself, Ranpo thought. He looked at Poe.

Poe gazed back at Ranpo.

"Alright, you're coming with me." Ranpo stood up, reached over, and scooped Poe up.