The Lone Hope

Your opponent draws his sword and rushes towards you. Quickly you activate your lightsaber to block his attack and feel the strength of your opponent raving through your body as your blades collide.

"Not bad for a child." the mandalorian praises, "But is it enough to fill your empty words with meaning?"

"I like that phrase, I might use it myselft one day!" you say with an amused smile.

The two of you continue to exchange strikes, but with neither being able to gain any ground. His fightingstyle is swift and fast, just like yours and even though you're a little faster then your opponent, he's still stronger. Before the fight began, you vowed to yourself, that there will be no force abilities involved, since you wanted to have a fair battle and test out each of your swordsmanship. In an unheedful moment the mandalorian caught one of your feet with a low kick, causing you to loose your balance. Proudly your opponent places himself in front of you, hovering his sharp beskar blade just above your throat.

"As I said, not bad for a child."

Your grip around the lightsaberhandle tightened, because you hated being called a child. The hellish yellow of your eyes started growing brighter and you focused all your willpower on not using the force.

"You were not able to fill your words with meaning and now I shall be the one to claim your head instead!" the mandalorian said, already announcing himself as the winner of your duel and looking back to the six guards standing by the throne.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." you whisper.

Surprised your opponend quickly returns his gaze back to you. In a speedy motion you strike the mandalorians knee with the sole of your foot, breaking his stance. In the next wave of attack you quickly bring your knees to your chest, while your hands make their way to the floor besides your head. Now with all the strength left in your body, you push your hands upwards and at the same time strike the mandalorians thorax with everything you can get out of your legs, causing yourself to jump right of it. In mid air you turn yourself around with a small backflip and your foe flying across the room.

Slowly straightening yourself up again and shaking some dust off your shoulder you ask provokingly: "Now, shall we beginn the fight?"

"HA HA HA! You are an amusing fellow. If you were born on Mandalore, I would've loved to make you one of my clansman!" the mandalorian exclaims, "It's a true shame we had to meet this way."

"Indeed." you agree.

"My name is Jaaren Jin, I hope you'll remember it well. Now let's make this fight worthy of a sith, shall we?"

Now the expression of your opposer changed from an annoyed look into a battlelustern raging beast.

Without hesitation you reignite your crimson blade and launch your next attack. A deft strike right to Jaarens head. The mandalorian blocked it with ease and as his beskar blade pushed you away, you jump back to catch your breath, yet again leaving your stance sloppy and your defense full of openings. Unfortunately Jaaren does not fall for your simple trap but instead just stands there, calming his rage and hunger. Your eyes widen in realisation. In that moment you see the teachings of your own master reflect in the mindset and swordsmanship of that one mandalorian. But Jaaren Jin doesn't give you your time to give it more thought, as he already tries attacking you again. In the last moment your lightsaber moved almost instinctively to just barely block his sword. Again the two of you lock your blades.

"Your swordsmanship is based on the concept of dominating your opponent, that's why you struggle with someone on the same level as you." Jaaren explains.