Glimmer in the snow

"Would you like to inspect the rest of the outpost as well, Master Jedi?" you ask Master Unduli trying to reach further into her heart.

"Yes, I most certainly would." she responded, and you led them into the building.

As you walked around the outpost, seeing the various damages you've purposely done to blame it on the droids, the Jedi began to ask questions.

"Where were you going, Lord (S/N)?"

"I was on my may to Coruscant. Master Kenobi and Jedi Knight Skywalker invited me to visit the Jedi Temple there." you answer.

"Just for that reason?"

"I am also going to Coruscant out of political reasons. Nathema has received an official invitation to join the Republic."

"I wasn't informed about that." Master Unduli doubtfully looked into your eyes, while yours were filled with faked sincerity and a played smile.

"We're not part of the Republic yet so I know nothing about your flow of information. But I'm certain, that there must be a reason to that." you respond.

She turns away and pridefully walks along the hallway, followed by her Padawan.

"Do you really think the Jedi will believe this story?" Krell asked concerned.

"That is nothing you must worry about. You just have to do as I tell you to, no more no less." you respond.

"Yes, my Lord." he answered with a hint of apology under his breath.

"Are you sensitive to the force, Lord (S/N)?" Master Unduli asked out of nowhere.

"To some degree, but not enough to become a Jedi myself. I can barely locate objects in a certain radius around me, but that is about all I'm able to, Master Jedi. Why do you ask?"

"Master Kenobi mentioned that you were, so I just wanted to double check." she underplayed.

"You seem to be so reserved towards me, is there a reason to that, Master Jedi?" you ask cautiously.

"I'm just that way. Emotions cloud one's judgement and ability to react. A Jedi will only be dragged down by them." she responded with poise.

"But aren't exactly emotions that what distinguishes us from machines? Aren't emotions precisely what lets us truly live. Following and fighting them is part of the course of life. Sometimes they are meant as obstacles to overcome in order to improve ourselves. Some even consider them as the source of life itself." you shoot back.

"That may be true for normal living beings, but not for a Jedi." Master Unduli says aggressively.

"Because the Jedi stand above those things?" you ask, trying to tickle a little more reaction out of her.

"Precisely. A Jedi has no need for emotions. A Jedi must rise above them."

"Doesn't that in conclusion mean, that the Order views the Jedi as standing above all living beings, if they see themselves as above all emotions, while exactly those are what defines the word living?"

The womans gaze wanders to the ground lost in thought and in your head, you know that you just need a little more.

"Does being able to feel really equal to live?" The Jedi Master responds unexpectedly, "To answer your Question, the Jedi do not see themselves as being above everyone, but rather in their service, we protect peace and do not bring harm to anyone."