False Heroes

~Writer's note

It kinda feels strange to write this at the beginning of a chapter but still... 

We've cracked 5k reads today and I wanted to give you guys something back for the amazing support you give me. I enjoy writing this story so much more since a lot of you are reading it. Therefore I made this chapter a little longer than the usual. I just wanted to thank you all for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I do. So just thank you, you are the absolute best. As always feel free to comment and text me. :)

______________________________________

~Vice Admiral Vess POV

I was orbiting Felucia with my Destroyer and prepared for our next mission when Grandmaster Garel paid me a visit on the bridge.

"Greetings, Vice Admiral. A wonderful day, isn't it?" he said with a big smile on his face.

"Indeed." I replied with the same energy.

"On what occasion are we her on Felucia today?" Garel asked despite knowing the reason.

"To free some more slave of course."

We then turned our attention to a holotable, where the necessary information for the next mission was displayed.

"This is place is infamous for having the best slaves when it comes to brothel business." I started to explain until Grandmaster Garel interrupted me.

"Why do they keep the slaves so far from anything. There is less out here than around Zakuul." he said.

"That's exactly why. Felucia is considered a wild planet without any sentient species worth mentioning, so it is used by criminals for various things. The Zygerrian empire used it since ancient times and with the help of the separatists they were able to reclaim this outpost. Our informant told us that at this time around, there isn't as much security as normal, since the main season for auctions is over." I continued.

"What is the plan then?" Shitu said, while entering the bridge.

"You and your troops will be the vanguard, while the knights will be on standby. The Dawn will act as commanding centre and if any complications should arise, I will be here as leading tactical officer."

"Yes, Vice Admiral." she replied with sincere respect.

"Sounds interesting." Grandmaster Garel added.

"Good. Get your troops ready, we're moving out at fifteen hundred." I ordered and got back to the preparations.

After a short while I saw our Gunships leaving the hangar and swarming down on the planet's surface.

~Shitu's POV

The Pilot sets us off gently on the planet's surface and we quickly move out. The Basecamp was established quickly, and everyone was readying themselves for what was coming next.

As I wandered through the camp, I took a moment to observe the soldiers under my command. hey were a diverse group, a testament to the unity and resilience of those who had been enslaved by the Zygerrian slave traders. Each of them had a unique story, a shared past of suffering and oppression that bound them together in their pursuit of freedom.

To my left stood Kaelan, a tall and muscular Zabrak with vibrant red skin. His face bore the intricate tattoos of his people, a symbol of his heritage and strength. Kaelan was a natural leader, his commanding presence inspiring others to follow his lead. He had been a gladiator in the Zygerrian arenas, forced to fight for the entertainment of his captors. Now, he fought for a cause greater than himself, channelling his skills and combat prowess to protect those who couldn't defend themselves.