Role Model

After the Mandalorians brought you back to Nathema you were greeted by two of your three Commanders, Havok and Leo.

"It's great having you back, Lord (S/N)." Commander Havok stated with a big smile on his face.

"We've already prepared everything for an attack on Reuss. If you wish, we can annihilate them." Commander Leo declared with slight anger dripping from his words.

"There will be no need for that, Commander." you wave his suggestion off, "This is Shitu Itus, she will be staying with us for a while. Arrange a room in the barracks for her, where the other freed slaves are."

Havok then looked at the holopad he was holding and displayed some information on them.

"My Lord, the barracks in the Troiken system are already finished so we could move her there if you'd like."

"That will be fine as well. Also give me a connection to Vice Admiral Vess, I want to be updated about everything connected to the slaves."

"At once, Lord (S/N)!" Havok said firmly and walked off in the direction of the command centre.

"My Lord, shouldn't we make an example out of Reuss?" Commander Leo insisted.

You stop and turn to look the Commander deep in his eyes.

"Commander, this empire still lies in the shadow, where it should be. Therefore, we have no need to make an example out of anything. There is no Republic or CIS we need to scare away, and our allies only know as much as they need to. We will take our role in this war soon enough. I will travel to a planet called Cristophsis later today, there I will examine if we should show our faces already or remain hidden. Nathema's biggest advantage for now is that our strength is still unknown. While the CIS are aware of our existence, they cannot even imagine our whole power and the Republic still thinks of us as some remote planet, which just wants to mind his own business. We need to make beneficial use of that circumstance when the time arrives."

Commander Leo's gaze meets the floor as he understood that your words were true, but he still had raging fire hidden in his heart, that lunged for a bloody battle. You then leave him standing with his thoughts and head to the commanding centre. The moment you step inside, you were greeted by several of your officers falling to their knees and shouting your name. The same goes for the Vice Admiral, which was previously talking to Commander Havok.

"How are things progressing on Troiken Vice Admiral?"

"The training facilities are almost done, and the coming freed slaves are more enthusiastic than I would've expected. Nevertheless we've also came across something that could be a problem in the nearer future, Lord (S/N)."

You raised an eyebrow in curiosity before she continued her report.

"It seems like Troiken is already occupied by another Organisation. We tried to reach out to them with the intention to start negotiations but no answer. "

"And what organisation are we talking about?"

"Our informants say that it is called the Pyke Syndicate. It seems to be there home base for raw spice mining operations and extremely valuable to them."

"If they won't appreciate our kindness, we will have to use force. The knights should be enough to handle a few criminals."

"Yes, my Lord."

"Also, I will send you a new slave. She will assist you and act as your deputy. I want you to teach her properly."

"Understood my Lord." Vice Admiral Vess said with a slightly said expression on her face.