Miracles still happen

"So, you have a mission for me?" Bo asked.

"The both of us to be precise." you answered, "As you know the Republic reached out to us to give Nathema the opportunity to become part of their systems."

"Knowing you, Nathema won't be joining the Republic, so what are you aiming for?"

"I am curious about what they have to offer and why that timing is."

"An old manadalorian saying goes; know your allies but your enemies even better."

"That is at least a part of what I was looking for. Your role will be to act as intermediary." you explain to her.

"Great idea, let the blood lusty Mandalorian lead peaceful negotiations." she said jokingly.

"Bo. You are the only one I want to trust on this, so could you do me the favour?"

You could see the struggle to resist in her facial expression and ultimately, she agreed. You told her to meet you on the Reaper in the Almania system, where you would discuss further details. Her shuttle landed in the main hangar and Bo went down the ramp, marvelling the ship.

"Did Nathema always have a ship and fleet that large?" she asked turning her gaze to you.

"Not until I became their ruler." you answer shortly.

Bo then shot you a smug smile.

"You're still wearing that mask? Can't you take it off?" she asked impatiently.

At first you hesitated but, in the end, you took it off, revealing your face once more. Most of the crew have never seen you without it so the amazement was quite big in all their faces, when they saw yours for the first time.

"There you go." Bo then leaned forward and placed a sweet little kiss on your lips.

You were a little surprised but shook it off quickly because you still had to preserve the image of the hard but fair leader.

"You painted your helmet black." you changed the subject as you put your mask back on.

"Yeah, I thought it would fit, since I am the second in command of the Jin Clan, which main colour theme is black." she said looking down on it, not realising that you put your red mask back on.

"No fair! I wasn't done looking." Bo complained.

"We have something to do. You are here for another reason, remember?" you remind Bo, bringing her back to earth.

Her eyes filled with annoyance, but she then accepted her fate and put the black painted helmet on. After a short while of walking side by side you feel Bo's hand intertwining with yours. You still tried to suppress the feelings inside towards her, but they grew stronger every moment you spent with the Mandalorian. Fortunately, the two of you reached the bridge and she let go of your hand. You felt relieved and sad at the same time but tried to put your focus more on the matter at hand.

"My Lord, in my humble opinion it would be best to choose Zonama Sekot or Jakku. Zonama is mostly unexplored therefore could hold possible dangers we don't know of but would be in good reach for our fleet here in the Almania system. Jakku is just a desert planet with little life but no danger, almost peaceful you could say. It would take our fleet a bit longer, but we would still be faster than any republic backup." Admiral Rayse explained.

"If I may interrupt my Lord." Commander Havok spoke up, "I think Jakku would be a better choice between these two. We can handle the possible dangerous scenarios with ease and the terrain is quite good for hiding tiny amounts of troops. Also, Zakuul would be in good reach if we needed to make a run."