Where I come from

~Commander Havok POV

First thing I did after the Lord sent me away was look at the clock.

"2 pm, time for my round." I said to myself and headed to my first destination.

First, I went to the training grounds to take a look at the new recruits. Recruitment time was twice a year, at the first and halfway through. After a while I arrived at the training halls. An institution built for making soldiers out of the children that come here. It is one of the harshest training programs in the entire known galaxy after our special forces, which the Nathema Empire had three types of. After gathering information about the training programs of the republic as well as other species and planets, we developed it, inspired by the Mandalorians and elements of Lord (S/N) 's personal training. In the first entrance speech I held for the first applicants I told them something to make them realise, just where they had landed.

"You had the choice between heaven and hell and you've chosen to walk through the fire of hell. Still none of you will quit, because if you want to protect what you call heaven, you first must've gone through hell." I recited myself.

"We've arrived, Commander." the driver reminded me, and I got out.

I was greeted by a few lower officers that led me directly to the test examinations, which took place now. My gaze wandered down to watch the first initiate. He was focused and silent, a small nod confirmed that he was ready, and the test started. The last exam to become a basic soldier, consisted of three parts. The first was disassembling a weapon and putting it back together again, which was the easiest part. The second was one of two practical exams. An obstacle parkour, where you were handed a gun and had to execute multiple enemies one after another, while getting to the other side.

An exercise created to ensure that trapped soldiers could escape a small-scale enemy ambush on their own and return to their unit.

With the rifle in his hands, he stormed to the first cover. Droids were used as enemy troops and the bolts they were firing weren't deadly but hurt like hell. He mastered the task quite skilfully. Even though he didn't take out all enemies, he made it to the line without even a scratch. The other initiates clapped and cheered for him, who made it look easy and so came the next one. He seemed too relaxed and full of himself. Everything about that guy screamed of way too high self-esteem, still he had to take the test and I found myself kind of hoping he would fail.

Unfortunately, he managed to get through easily, almost reaching the score which the one before him set. And of course, he had to go brag about it and even insult the instructors.

"You see that old hag? Bet ya can't do that. That's how we do it where I come from." he said, and I instantly decided to teach that brat a lesson of respect towards his superiors.

~3rd Person POV

The Commander stepped down to the female Instructor and the still celebrating.

"Instructor!" Commander Havok said, demanding her attention.

"Yes, Commander." she answered, while correcting her posture.

"The course is updated every time the exams come up, correct?"

"Yes, Commander."

"There is no way I could've known the course before I saw it today, correct?"

"Yes, Commander."

"And the initiates had a week to prepare for that test, correct?"

"Yes, Commander."