Friendly reminder

You felt your emotions run wild, as you sat in your chambers meditating. The hate that dwelled inside you and the rage that grew with every second were pushing you further each day. There was no place for doubt and sorrow inside your heart, still you felt it creeping in with every memory your mind showed you. Through focussing on your goal and what let you come so far you tried to ignore those feelings. The mourning after the lost, the heartache over what once was, grief over the scars you obtained. It all belonged nowhere near you, you told yourself. Those things only made you weak, lessened your connection to the dark side of the Force, at least that is what you thought. Rage, anger and hate was what you searched for, what you dedicated yourself too. Being consumed by them and drawing their power out in the open is what you vowed to yourself. To feel nothing except those is what you promised, is what you tried so desperately, but still there was something little inside you that lounged for something else. A glimmer of hope, that tried everything it could, just to stay alive in that raging darkness deep withing your deepest heart. A small shard of life that wanted nothing more than to survive remained. Unkillable, it stood in a sea of consuming darkness and flaming rage, unfazed by the overwhelming power of the storming dark side within you.

"Lord (S/N)?" a transmission interrupted you suddenly.

"What is it?" you responded slightly angered.

"Please excuse me if I called in an inopportune time." Barriss excused herself.

"Not in the slightest young one. I must apologize for my relentless behaviour. What can I help you with?"

"I thought about what you told me on Coruscant and your offer as well. I haven't reached my final decision yet but I'd like to discuss it with you personally. That of course means if you can spare some time."

"Of course young Barriss, I will head to Coruscant as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I must take care of some things first." you respond with a gentle smile on your lips.

"Of course, Lord (S/N). I will be awaiting your arrival."

With that the call ended. Satisfaction grew inside you as you saw the seed you carefully sowed taking roots. The faint smile was lost quickly as you realised, that the next thing on your agenda was a discussion with the Queen of Zygerria. Confidently you stepped into the room, there were no guards protecting Queen Scintel, so it was just you and her.

As you entered the opulent chamber, Queen Scintel looked up from her chair with a smug expression. She was a tall woman with a regal demeanour, and her sharp eyes studied you as you approached her.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the formidable Lord (S/N)," she said, her voice dripping with arrogance. "I must say, I've been eagerly anticipating this meeting. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

You kept your face expressionless, your dominant and intimidating aura emanating effortlessly.

"I've come to discuss our engagement, Queen Scintel," you replied firmly.

"Something that couldn't be avoided."

"We need to break the engagement."

"And for what reason? Last time I saw you, you were almost euphoric about the marriage."

"An act, merely put on to deceive those who needed to be kept in the dark about the truth."

"What cruel words. You hurt my heart Lord (S/N)." the Queen said with played sadness.

"You can quit the act, as I'm not irritated by it in the slightest." your gaze was cold and focused, staring deeply into her eyes, and you could feel her every cell trembling in your sheer presence almost as if her very soul froze upon your site.