Endless talks

Master Unduli exchanged a few uncertain glances before accepting your request.

"I do think that I'd have to restrain myself, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a fair fight, would it?" the Jedi Master with slight mocking under her tone.

"Was that a challenge to motivate me?" you ask with played curiosity.

Through her emotionless expression broke a small smile for a second and you knew that you couldn't let this opportunity slide.

"Then shall we start?" Master Unduli suggested, and you replied with a slight but confident nod.

She got in her ready stance for her preferred lightsabre form, Soresu and instead of getting into your usual offensive or defensive stance, you just put the lightsabre in front of you. A slightly confused gaze washed over Master Unduli's face before her Padawan gave the signal for beginning.

"May the better duellist win." you state before anyone could initiate the fight, whereupon Master Unduli responded with small nod.

The tip of her lightsabre was pointing at you, her stance filled with concentration and determination. The grip around your handle tightened for a second as you tried to anticipate her first move. The air stood still and neither of you dared to break the atmosphere.

Bored of the standstill you decide to take the initiative and attack your opponent. A simple strike from above to open the duel, which was easily blocked by the Jedi Master, followed by a small step back from your side to open the space a little. Until your feet reached the ground, you looked for openings in her stance but couldn't find any.

"Where there is no opening to find, you must create one." you say to yourself and sprint towards your opponent, the instant your feet touch the floor.

Master Unduli was surprised by the speed with which you rushed at her, but not enough to break through, after all you didn't display your full mastery over force-speed. You hold back in order to find out about the extent of her abilities not to dominate or annihilate them. Between your relentless strikes were a few counters from her but nothing that would be troublesome for you. Her defence was strong and impenetrable for you if you kept up that pathetic level of fighting, so you decided to turn up the heat a little.

"How about a bet, Master Unduli?" you suggest between breaths.

The Jedi looked curiously, but silently agreed to hearing you out.

"If I manage to land a hit on you even once, you accompany me to the senate later today."

"I do doubt, that the senate will reach a decision that fast, but I agree. What if I win?"

"Then I'll grant you one wish. If it is within my power, I will have to grant it."

"That seems uneven to me." the Master stated with a questioning expression on her face, trying to find whatever you're hiding within that request.

"I'm just that confident in my abilities." you respond and see the look on Master Unduli's face loosen a little.

"I am fine with those conditions, even though I'm not sure what I could use such a wish for." the Jedi Master commented, and you resumed the duel. This time however, you decided to make it more of a challenge for her.

Slightly enhanced through the force, your movements became even faster. Master Unduli at first struggled a bit to keep up with the speed but quickly adapted to the new situation and her defence once again stood like a mountain in front of you. It has been a while since someone was able to withstand so many attacks after another from you, so you found yourself beginning to enjoy the duel.