Shifting gaze

"So, the Count figured out that there is a connection between us and Zygerria?" Bo asked.

"It most certainly looks that way." you respond while sinking into your thoughts, trying to figure out a way to resolve this situation smoothly.

"Can't we make her back out of the engagement?"

"Then Count Dooku would suspect something. He is doing this out of the thought that Zygerria has a hidden connection to Nathema and he wants to bring this connection out in the open. Forcing Queen Scintel to break off the engagement or even doing it myself would give him even more reason to investigate us."

"How do you intend to rectify this situation then?"

"For the time being I caused it to lose momentum and through that it also lost importance in the public eye." you answer but are still deep in thoughts.

"So all we gained is time." she replied with a hint of annoyance.

"Precious time. Even though we know who is behind this now, we can't resolve it easily. Unless..."

In that moment an idea came to your mind.

"Unless what?" Bo asked curiously.

"It will take some time for Zygerria to resolve the trouble you've stirred up and I'm going to make use of that just fine."

"And how are you going to do that?" she asked getting a little frustrated.

"You'll see." you respond and end the call.

A few moments later you find yourself wandering around the halls of the CIS Senate, talking to some Senators about the positive and negative aspects of an alliance between Nathema and their own organisation. The conversations were meaningless and empty, just as you hated them the most. One of those Senators spatting empty words was cut off by the Queen suddenly appearing behind him.

"Oh Honey, is everything all right?" you asked with a played worriedness the moment you spotted her.

"It seems, that some minor trouble arose at home. So, I think we should head home for now and come back another time, my Love." Queen Scintel responded while doing everything she could to remain her posture.

"Then I guess this is goodbye Senators. I hope we meet again someday." you bid them farewell and follow Queen Scintel back to the ship.

"What kind of trouble arose?" you asked shamelessly despite knowing fully well.

"It seems like the Republic intensified their investigations in some matters that Zygerria is fully involved in, because of that we must return for now, but do not worry, we will hold our wedding ceremony another day."

"Then we have to find a way to resolve this as soon as possible."

"That is unexpected from you, where does this sudden urge to marry me come from?" the Queen asked surprised.

"Change in character perhaps." you state bluntly.

"Careful, otherwise I might just lose my interest in you."

"Maybe that is the goal."

The two of you stayed quiet until you returned to Zygerria and headed back to Nathema as soon as you could.

"Contact our troops on Thule, they need to ready the Droids." you ordered Commander Havok.

"At once, Lord (S/N)."