5. Run Away.

To say Rosie was confused when she woke up was an understatement. The sun had gone down and the only light in the tent was from the dimly lit fire outside.

Rosie sat up quickly, remembering where she was. She was sitting on top of a sleeping bag. Not hers, though.

Placing her hand on the ground to steady herself, Rosie felt cold metal beneath her right hand. She looked down and saw a closed pocket knife placed next to the sleeping bag. Upon closer inspection, Rosie saw that it was her pocket knife.

Grateful that she'd finally had it back, Rosie stuck the knife in her pocket. She'd been wondering what had happened to it after that night in the woods.

She couldn't help but wonder who took it. Who had placed it in the tent for her?

She looked around the tent and saw Daryl in a sleeping bag on the opposite side. His back rose and fell steadily.

Asleep.

As Rosie stood up slowly, she kept an eye on Daryl to make sure he wouldn't wake up, especially when she started unzipping the tent. The sound of the zipper made anxiety turn in Rosie's stomach as she glanced back and forth between Daryl and the zipper.

She stepped out of the tent once there was enough room to slip through the flap, and didn't bother to zip it back up, not wanting to make anymore noise than necessary.

When she turned around, she almost screamed in surprise. Merle was sitting there, sharpening a knife.

He glanced up at the girl. "Christ, girlie. When I said you could sleep in my tent, I didn't think ya'd be in there all damn day," he said.

"Sorry," Rosie muttered. She still felt very tired, even after having slept all day. She knew it was her own fault, though. She wouldn't be feeling so tired if she wouldn't have refused to sleep in the first place.

She walked past Merle, heading back towards the place she'd been sitting in for the past three days. She figured she could sleep there. It was the backseats of a car, being used as a makeshift couch. Sleeping there would be better than sleeping in her own tent, Rosie decided.

When Rosie woke up the next morning, the sun was already fully risen. She sat up on the car seats, frustrated that she had slept so long.

She was still angry. She hated these people. She hated them. They wouldn't help her father when she needed them to, so she hated them.

That was why she was going to run away.

That was the main topic on her mind since her dad died. That was what she'd been thinking about for the three days that she had been sitting in that same spot. She was going to run away.

As she stood up, she adjusted her pants around her waist. The pants were a bit too big, and the slingshot tucked in the waistband just added to the discomfort.

She looked around, her eyes landing on a group gathered around the RV. The group consisted of Glenn, T-Dog, Andrea, Morales, Jacqui, and, surprisingly, Merle.

Rosie approached them silently, going unnoticed as she listened in on their conversation. They were going on a supply run to Atlanta. Usually, it was only Glenn who went on these supply runs. Rosie thought that maybe they were having more people go because it was safer. Maybe there were less geeks than before, meaning a larger group wouldn't be so dangerous anymore.

If only she would've gotten there just a few minutes before so she could've heard the real reason they needed more people.

The new supply run group struck an idea into Rosie's head.