9. Funerals.

The next morning, Rosie was tired out of her mind. She hadn't slept at all, hadn't even tried to. So she just sat in her spot on the car seat couch, her legs curled up to her chest, as she watched the men take care of the bodies.

Rick had explained to Shane and Lori where Rosie was and what had happened. She spaced out and didn't listen whatsoever when Shane and Lori came to scold her for trying to run away. She didn't see the point in listening if they weren't going to do anything but say that she shouldn't do it again.

Turned out that the gun Rick had given her was actually her father's gun. Apparently he took it from her bag when she was with the vatos. He hadn't taken it back yet, and Rosie really hoped he wouldn't. What would a rock in a slingshot do to a dead man trying to kill her? Absolutely nothing.

The camp suffered a lot of deaths. Rosie was still sure that none of the survivors knew exactly how she felt. And Rosie knew that she didn't know exactly how they felt either. It was just a stupid thing people say to make you feel less alone. But it never helped.

Andrea hadn't moved from Amy's side. It was like she was glued there, to the dirt, next to her dead little sister.

Daryl was going around with a pickaxe, swinging it into each and every walker's skull, just to make sure they were dead. Then Glenn and T-Dog would work together to gather the walkers into a pile and start a fire.

Rosie was watching as they dropped the body of the walker she had killed to save the Morales family into the pile when Rick walked up beside Shane. "She still won't move?" he asked.

"She won't even talk to us," Lori said. She was sitting on one of the crates. "She's been there all night. What do we do?"

"Can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it. Same as the others," Shane said quietly. He, and  everyone else, was still covered in sweat, dirt, and walker blood.

"I'll tell her how it is," Rick said before walking over to where Andrea was. Rosie was picking at the blood caked beneath her nails when Rick started talking to Andrea, but her head shot up when she heard the sound of a gun being cocked.

"I know how the safety works," Andrea said, speaking her first words since last night. She was holding a gun at Rick's head. Rick slowly backed away, apologizing, and Andrea lowered her gun, turning back to Amy.

They all stared at her for a moment, then Daryl appeared next to Carol, his pickaxe over his shoulder. "Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us?" he said, gesturing towards Andrea and Amy- or what used to be Amy. "The dead girl's a time bomb."

"What do you suggest?"  Rick asked.

"Take the shot," Daryl said, as if it were obvious. He pointed to his temple. "Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

"No," Lori said firmly. "For God's sakes, let her be."

Shane stood up, looking between Rick and Daryl. Rosie hoped that he wouldn't start acting like he was king of the world again. He was always so bossy. That was something Rosie's dad always complained to her about him. Rosie didn't want to hear Shane's opinion, but she knew she would probably have to hear it anyway.

Rosie herself thought that Daryl was right. After last night, she knew they needed to kill every walker that was even close to any of them. It didn't matter if it was Amy or not. She didn't need to turn before they killed her. She was already dead.

Daryl scoffed and walked away to continue helping with the bodies.

With a sigh, Rosie stood up from where she was sitting around the firepit, about to go down to the quarry and try to get the blood out from under her finger nails, but then Jacqui started yelling. "A walker got him!" she announced. Rosie turned and saw her standing next to Jim. "A walker bit Jim!"