78. The Killing.

After a few mishaps during preparation, the group was finally on its way. They were going over the plan. One good thing about it all was that Maggie was staying back, along with Rosita, Eugene, Tara, Carol, and a few others. And, of course, Carl, Ian, and Judith, considering they were all kids. A lot was going on, both inside the walls and out. Rosie was pretty sure that Carl and Ron were mad at each other, because they used to hang out all the time, and now they never did. Rosie thought that maybe it had to do with the fact that Carl's dad killed Ron's dad. Ron must've been confused about his dad, too.

Rosie now understood why Ron and Sam could be annoying sometimes; they had an asshole dad, just like Rosie did. But what she couldn't understand was why Liam was so damn annoying. Rosie had been sitting on the porch steps, peacefully drawing in a notebook that Tara had given her, when Liam decided he wanted to come over. Rosie thought that maybe he'd just go inside and hang out with Ian- because everyone liked Ian- but he didn't. Instead, Liam sat down next to Rosie and kept accidentally bumping her arm to mess up her drawing. Rosie would've just punched him for it, but she had a strict set of rules to follow in order to avoid trouble while Daryl was gone.

Don't punch Liam (unless he hurts you first). Don't throw any rocks. Don't leave Alexandria. Listen to Maggie and Carol. Don't forget to eat.

The last rule was added on last moment, because Rosie had suddenly realized that she hadn't eaten all day when she threw up stomach acid on the sidewalk. Things had been chaotic, and in all that chaos, Rosie had forgotten to do the bare necessities, like eating and drinking. So now eating and drinking was a rule. That rule wasn't so hard to follow, though. The hardest rule was not punching Liam. Especially when he kept messing up her drawing of a triceratops.

"You're still obsessed with dinosaurs?" Liam asked, putting on a stupid face that made Rosie want to punch him even more.

"Dinosaurs are cool," Rosie replied, giving him a glare. Liam just scoffed, and Rosie went back to drawing. After about ten more seconds, Liam elbowed her again, and the right side of her triceratops' third horn extended all the way down to the bottom of the page. Rosie threw the pencil and notebook down onto the porch behind her, and stood up. He was snickering to himself. Don't punch Liam. "Why are you doin' that?" Rosie asked, trying to keep herself calm.

"What?" Liam asked, scrunching his face up as if everything was funny.

"Why do you act like that?" Rosie asked him, scrunching her face up right back at him. Liam didn't say anything. He just scoffed and laughed to himself, so Rosie continued. "Why do you wanna mess up my drawin'? I didn't do nothin'."

"It's funny," Liam said, shrugging his shoulders. He said it as if it were obvious, and it made Rosie's blood boil. God, she hated him.

"It's not funny. It just makes everyone hate you," Rosie told him. Liam stood up now, too, with a pissed off look on his face. Rosie was ready- almost excited. He really looked like he was about to hit her, but his eyes wandered from her face to somewhere behind her. Then his eyes got super wide, so Rosie turned to see what he was looking at.

A man with a machete and bloody clothes was standing over one of the women from Alexandria. She had been smoking in her front yard, and now the man was sending his machete down into her head. Instinctively, Rosie grabbed onto Liam's arm, and the two of them ran inside the house.

Inside the house, there were guns. They didn't keep all of them in the armory anymore, upon Deanna's new understanding. Rosie still wasn't allowed to carry one around just yet, because she was a kid, but they were allowed to keep them in the houses. So, Rosie ran inside and went into the living room. Leaned up against the wall was an AK-47, so Rosie grabbed that.

Future Ghosts • TWDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें