53. Bad Things to Such Good People.

Rosie had been continuing on laying in bed, like she was told to. When Daryl left to talk to Rick, she picked up the only book she had, which was about snakes, and began reading it. She went on like that for awhile. It was finally peaceful again, after everyone got the medicine. There were, of course, many people lost, but most were still standing- or laying down, at least.

The assumption was that things would go back to normal. Rosie would get better, then she would go back to her own cell with her own things, and she'd wake up early in the morning to help Rick and Carl feed the pigs, and everything would be ok again. That was the assumption. Until Rosie's reading was interrupted by a loud explosion, making the entire prison shake.

Quickly climbing out of bed, Rosie slipped her boots back on and grabbed her knife and velociraptor. She stuck the knife in the sheath on her belt and held the velociraptor tightly in her right hand. She still felt a little dizzy when she stood up, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was the night before.

"Glenn?" Rosie said, making her way over to cell 100.

"Rosie? What's going on?" Glenn asked, sitting up in bed. He still looked sick. He wasn't nearly as bad as he was before- he wasn't coughing up blood anymore and he could now breathe on his own- but his skin was pale and his body was coated with a layer of sweat.

"That's what I was gonna ask," Rosie said, furrowing her eyebrows. She turned around to try and see through any windows, but she couldn't see anything that looked out of the ordinary. "I'll be right back," she said, leaving the cell.

"No, Rosie, Rosie," Glenn said, trying to climb out of bed.

"I just gotta see what's goin' on. I won't do nothin' stupid," Rosie assured him. Glenn sighed and rubbed his eyes, leaning up against the wall. He wanted to stop her, but it wouldn't be much use when he could barely stand on his own. "Jus' stay here. You're still real sick. I'll find Maggie. Be right back," Rosie said. With that, she walked off, leaving Glenn in the cell.

Rosie quickly walked down the steps, leaving cell block A despite what Glenn said. She ran outside, towards the basketball courts, and saw Lizzie, Mika, Ian, and some other kids carrying Judith outside. "Lizzie!" she shouted, grabbing their attention. The kids turned to look at her as she coughed a little "What's goin' on?" she asked them.

"Some guy's here with a tank. He has Hershel and Michonne. We're supposed to go to the buses," Mika explained, a worried look on her face. Mika was always a bit more timid than Lizzie was. Mika understood the walkers, though. Lizzie didn't. In a way, that made Mika more capable than Lizzie was, even if she was more fearful.

"We have to fight," Lizzie argued, furrowing her eyebrows at her younger sister. "They have guns, we should, too. Carol said to be strong."

"Carol? Where's Carol?" Rosie asked, raising her eyebrows. It wasn't until then that she realized she hadn't seen Carol since Rick and Tyreese's fight.

"She's not here. She's out looking for supplies. That's what Rick said," Mika explained sadly. "What if she comes back? What if she comes back and that guy is still here?"

"What guy?" Rosie asked, anxiety churning in her stomach. She knew Mika was referring to whoever was the man who sent an explosion into the prison, but she didn't know who the man was. Part of her worried that it was the Governor- but he was on his own now, right? He wouldn't come back. He wouldn't win. Right?

Wrong.

"He has an eye patch," Ian said, his eyebrows scrunched together with concern. That confirmed it. The Governor was back. And he was going to take what they had, just like he originally planned. Rosie felt like throwing up, but she didn't know if it was because of the sickness or because of the Governor's return. "Come with us. I'll keep you safe," Ian said, reaching his hand out to Rosie. She declined it.