143. Rest.

Alpha had sent walkers, just as everyone thought she would. For days on end, it was herd after herd after herd. The walkers just kept coming. Rosie had fought long and hard, just like everybody else had. All she wanted to do was to go to her room and sleep for hours and hours.

The last thing Rosie wanted to do was to sit in this stuffy, crowded room with tons of angry, exhausted people who all smelled like shit. But, that was exactly what she happened to be doing. Rosie sat slouched down in a chair next to Lydia's, with her arms crossed. She wanted to go to bed. It took all her strength to keep her eyes open, and the fact that Daryl was standing behind her, running his hand over her hair absentmindedly, was not helping. It only made her more tired.

"Why do we gotta be here?" Rosie groaned, pressing her hands against her eyes.

Before anyone could give any answer, Michonne silenced the entire room. "Alright!" she shouted, loud and powerful. She looked directly at Lydia. "Is this your mother?" she asked, referring to the herd.

Every single pair of eyes in the room shot over to Lydia. She took a shaky breath. "No. I don't think it is," she answered.

"Why's she wanna talk with us?" Daryl asked her.

Rosie honestly just felt bad for Lydia. She shouldn't have had to be the one to answer all these questions. Maybe if it was just the questions, it wouldn't be so bad, but it was the blame, too. She took all of the blame from almost every person in Alexandria. No one trusted her. No one treated her right. She didn't deserve that, and to Rosie, it seemed like no one understood that except for herself.

Lydia looked at Daryl like she couldn't believe he even asked that. The answer was pretty obvious. "You crossed into her land. Again. You have to answer for that," she said, her arms crossed. It was obvious how uncomfortable she felt just by looking at her posture.

"We don't have to do anything. We could just not go," Aaron offered, his voice tense and irritated, just like everybody else's.

"That's a bad idea," Lydia said, shaking her head.

"We're already under attack," Dante- a newer guy around- argued. He had just recently joined Alexandria. He was once a field medic in the military, so he was a useful pair of hands to have around. Rosie wasn't 100% sure how she felt about him yet. He seemed overly nice. It was odd.

Once again, Lydia shook her head. "It isn't her. If she wanted you dead, she'd send the horde. All of it, not just a few waves at a time," she argued.

For the first time during this conversation, Rosie felt the need to speak up. Usually, she'd side with Lydia, just because she felt that Lydia knew what she was talking about when it came to this kind of stuff. But this time, it just seemed impossible. "Yeah, but how else would the walkers be comin'? They're just coincidentally comin' straight for Alexandria in consistent waves?" she asked, showing her disbelief on her face.

"Maybe she's trying to wear us down first," Carol offered.

Then, Eugene stood up out of his chair. "Or, as I relayed to you at the beginning of this meeting, there's plausible reason to believe that the satellite and fire-" he began to say.

"I don't want to hear about the damn satellite anymore, Eugene!" a woman named Margo shouted. She was one of the Highwaymen and she was bitter about the people she lost to Alpha. But everyone lost somebody.

Personally, Rosie wasn't too fond of Margo and her attitude. So, "Shut up, Margo. He could be right," Rosie said exhaustedly.

"Rosie," Daryl murmured in a quiet, warning sort of voice.