46. I Know, I Know, I Know.

Rosie liked keeping watch more than she thought she would. She thought it'd be boring, but she quite liked having nothing to do other than to watch. It gave her time to think, and she felt safer being able to see where everyone was. She had no blind spots. She was safe.

One thing she thought was odd, though, was that she could see Rick in the woods outside the fences. She didn't know what he was doing out there, but she figured it probably had to do with whatever he was yelling about before, so she decided to leave him alone. After awhile, though she saw Hershel go out to the fence to call for him. She couldn't tell what they were saying, but she could tell that something was off about Rick.

Rick and Hershel talked for a little bit, but eventually Rick walked off again. Rosie's eyes stuck to him as he walked back across the small bridge. She wondered what he was doing out there. She looked around the trees, trying to see if he was maybe making something or looking for something, but something else caught her eye.

A tree rustled.

But it wasn't small. It wasn't like a rabbit hopped through and shook the branches ever so slightly- it was like someone grabbed onto the branch, pulled it out of the way, and let it fling back behind them. That was when she saw a person.

"Rick! Rick!" she started screaming down from the guard tower. Rick looked up at her, but Rosie could tell he was sort of out of it. "Rick! Get outta there! There's-!"

Rosie was cut off when a bullet flew in her direction, hitting the wall behind her. She ducked down quickly, her heart beating hard in her chest as she crawled inside the guard tower. She waited a few moments for another gunshot, but it didn't come. So she peaked up over the wall to look through the window and was able to see a truck parked outside the fences, people with guns scattered around- some in the woods, some out in the open. But at the center of it all was the Governor.

The mere sight of him made Rosie's stomach churn.

Another gunshot flew through the air and Rosie flinched down again, but the bullet didn't hit her. It must have gone somewhere else. Rosie kept down below the wall on the guard tower as she crawled towards the other side. She peaked over again and saw Axel lying dead on the pavement.

Not even a second later, gunshots started spraying everywhere. Rosie tried to peak over again, but a bullet landed right on the window next to her, so she quickly ducked back down, pressing her back up against the wall. As quick as she could, Rosie flicked the safety off on Glenn's gun and held it at the ready.

That's when she started to hear heavy footsteps coming from the stairs that lead up to the guard tower. The guard tower that she was currently hiding in. Rosie looked around the small room she was in, hoping to find anything she could hide in or behind, but the place was pretty much empty. She couldn't go down the stairs either, so she went back out the door, still crouched low on the platform.

As she crawled around the corner, away from the door, bullets hit the metal behind her, making her flinch at each one. The footsteps got even louder and, soon enough, a man in a brown jacket walked out onto the platform, a large gun in his hands. Rosie only had a pistol. She stayed ducked down behind his back as he fired shots into the prison yard.

Rosie could see Carol using Axel's body as a shield and Carl hiding behind a cement wall, firing the occasional shot up at the guard tower. Maggie ran out into the court with two guns in her hands, handing one to Beth before shielding herself behind a filing cabinet. Rosie had a gun in her hands. She was crouched down just a few feet behind the man. He didn't know she was there. She could kill him right there and he would have no idea.

Her head pounded as she held the gun tightly in her hands, her finger hovering over the trigger. She pointed it at his head. There was no way she could miss this shot. She had to kill him. She had to. He was shooting down at Carol, Carl, Maggie, Beth; her family. She had to put their lives over his.