119. Assholes.

Rosie liked staying at this new camp better than the Sanctuary- or at least on most days. What she liked about it was that it was a lot like the beginning, when she shared a tent with Daryl and everyone had set up camp at Hershel's farm. The only thing that sucked about this camp, though, was that other people were there. Other assholes were there. Like Justin. They all had their jobs. Most of the adults were working on fixing the bridge, while Rosie and Henry's job was to give out water and help with whatever anyone needed help with. Rosie was very happy to have a job. She hated sitting around, doing nothing, and feeling useless. Having a job gave her a real reason to be there, aside from Daryl's there.

What Rosie was pretty sure of was that Daryl was getting really damn fed up with some of the ex-Saviors. Ever more fed-up than he had already been feeling. It was like every single day was one more thread being snapped, one more thread closer to the whole thing falling apart. Rosie just hoped he could hold on until the bridge was finished before finally snapping and beating the shit out of one or more of the ex-Saviors. Rosie hated them just as much as he did, but the bridge needed to be finished, and if Daryl snapped before it was finished, some of the ex-Saviors might just quit. And the bridge was so close to being finished.

However, Justin had been getting progressively more irritating, so Rosie wouldn't mind if Daryl beat the shit out of him- even before the bridge was finished. Honestly, she wouldn't have minded if Justin just disappeared without a trace, never to be seen again. Or even died. Maybe that was a bad thought, but she couldn't not think it. It was like he was always trying to piss Rosie off, but he did it without anyone else ever noticing the fact that he was doing what he was doing intentionally. Rosie wasn't even sure if it was intentional, but that didn't change the fact that Justin was far past getting on her nerves.

Henry worked at the bridge, too, which gave Rosie some more time to hang out with him. She wished that Ian would come, but he wanted to stay back at Hilltop with Maggie, Hershel, and Rodney. Rosie still wasn't sure how she felt about Rodney. She hadn't spent much time with him. Henry was cool, too, but Ian was pretty much her best friend.

Now, Rosie was helping Henry with doling out the water. They only had one water cooler, which meant that each person only got one cup full, so that there'd be enough for everyone. Henry was carrying the water while Rosie carried the cup and a rag. She had to wipe the cup between each person per Siddiq's orders. Apparently, there was a bug going around in Alexandria and they didn't want one to spread around here.

"Thanks, guys," Arat said as she handed the cup back to Rosie. Rosie wasn't quite sure how she felt about Arat just yet. Out of the Saviors that had been tasked with feeding her and escorting her to the bathroom while she was stuck in that cell, Arat was the meaner one. Laura was the nicer one. But they were keeping her locked in the cell, anyway, so didn't that make both of them mean? Rosie wasn't sure how to feel about it, so she pretended that she wasn't thinking about it whenever she saw Arat or Laura.

As she wiped off the cup, Rosie followed behind Henry, not really paying attention to where they were walking. When Henry stopped, Rosie stopped. She looked up and Henry nodded his head forward. Of course. There he was. Justin. Rosie took a deep breath, willing herself not to be an asshole to the man, before tapping his arm with the cup. He turned to look at the two kids, then put a nail down before taking the cup from Rosie's hands.

"Thanks," Justin murmured as he filled up the cup.

"Yeah," Henry replied. Rosie didn't say anything because she really hated Justin and didn't want to interact with him at all.

When Justin was done with the cup, he brought it back down to the water cooler. Rosie tried taking it from him, like she was supposed to, but he wouldn't let go. "Easy there, Dixon. I'm still thirsty," he said. Rosie wouldn't let go of the cup, but Justin wouldn't, either.