19. Questions.

Rosie had fallen asleep right there in her spot in the RV, and no one bothered to wake her up. They knew that she really needed the rest. They spent the night on the highway rather than going to the farm right away because they figured it'd be easier to find it in the daylight. Everyone else got up early in the morning and they began their journey to find the farm.

When Rosie did finally wake up, it was because someone was crouched down next to her, brushing her hair out of her face. Her eyes fluttered open to see that it was Lori.

"Hey, sweetheart. We made it to the farm. Let's get you inside so you can get your leg stitched up," she said, giving Rosie a comforting smile. Rosie didn't feel very comforted, though, because she knew the stitches would hurt a hundred times worse than Daryl cleaning and bandaging the wound did.

When she sat up, Rosie remembered how dizzy she felt. She had fallen asleep before she could eat anything. She was going to ask for something until her eyes landed on a breakfast bar on the table. Dale must have left it there for her. She set her velociraptor down and unwrapped the breakfast bar before practically eating the whole thing in one bite.

"Do you think you can walk? Or do you want me to get Daryl?" Lori asked, putting her hand on Rosie's shoulder. Rosie didn't want to be carried again. It made her feel weak and like a burden. It was embarrassing. So, after grabbing her velociraptor again, she stood up off of the seat, balancing all of her weight on her left leg.

Lori was quick to put an arm around her, helping her walk. They walked to towards the door of the RV, and when they got there, Rosie stared down at the few steps with disdain. She hopped down one step, almost falling, but Lori was there to balance her again. Rosie could now see out the door of the RV. She hadn't seen the distance between the house and the RV yet. It was going to take a lot of hopping. She sighed and tilted her head down, feeling discouraged. The distance would be practically nothing if her leg wasn't throbbing so bad.

"Come on," Daryl's gruff voice suddenly said. He appeared in front of the door of the RV. "That lady jus' finished stitchin' up T-Dog. She's waitin' for ya."

Rosie flinched back a little when he reached out towards her, but she didn't fight it when he picked her up the same way he did the day before. Sure, she felt embarrassed, but she really didn't want to have to walk all the way up the driveway, across the front yard, and up the porch.

Daryl carried Rosie inside and set her on the couch in the living room. Her stomach churned with anxiety and dread when a blonde woman came into the living room holding a needle and thread. The woman sat down on the coffee table in front of Rosie's leg.

"What's your name, darlin'?" she asked.

"Rosie," Rosie answered quietly.

"I'm Patricia. Can you roll up your pant leg for me, Rosie?" Patricia asked.

Rosie nodded and reluctantly rolled up her shorts, clenching her teeth as her leg throbbed. The white bandage was stained red, but there wasn't nearly as much blood as there was before. Patricia took off the bandage as the brown haired woman from the forest appeared in the room with a brown bottle and a white paper towel.

"Now, this is gonna sting somethin' awful, but we have to do it so it doesn't get infected," Patricia said, picking up the bottle. She provided no further warning before pouring the liquid onto the wound. Rosie instantly tried getting away, but the brown haired woman put a hand on her calf, holding her leg down.

However, the pain of cleaning the wound was nothing compared to the feeling of thread being sewn into her skin. "No, no, no, no. Fuck, stop it! Stop it," Rosie whimpered, trying her hardest not to cry. Patricia did not, in fact, stop.