77. Rosie, Rose, and Ro.

Much to Rosie's dismay, the chaos that ensued only became even more chaotic in the following days. A huge herd- a herd larger than any of them had ever seen before- was gathered and being held in one place by nothing but trucks. Those trucks weren't going to last, and they knew that. Once those walkers broke through those trucks, they were going straight for Alexandria. Rick, being the natural leader he was, devised a plan. The plan consisted of many different groups working together to lead the herd away from Alexandria. What Rosie didn't like about the plan was that she wasn't allowed to help, and, of course, that almost all of her people were going to be at risk. She knew they could take care of themselves, though, so she tried not to dwell on it.

Another new thing going on in Alexandria was that Rick was making the decisions. Deanna was still in charge, but Rick very obviously had her ear, and he was making a lot of new rules and decisions. One of those decisions, which Rosie very much liked, was that Daryl no longer had to go out and find new recruits with Aaron. In fact, no one was going out to find new recruits. Daryl thought differently about the idea of keeping the gates closed, but he didn't argue. His recruiter job was short-lived, but Rick wasn't shy to give him to things to do- like leading a huge herd of walkers away all alone on his bike. This wasn't much better, in Rosie's opinion.

Turned out, while Daryl and Aaron were gone, they almost died. But the new man that Rosie had never met before- who she learned was named Morgan- appeared out of nowhere and saved them because all life is precious, apparently. Rosie wasn't sure how much she agreed with that, but she didn't argue, because she didn't even know the guy.

One sort of good thing that came out of the death of Pete Anderson was that Sam Anderson suddenly wouldn't leave his house. Part of Rosie thought that she ought to feel bad for him and all, because Pete was his dad, but she still thought he was annoying. She could understand what he was feeling. The confusion- should I be happy or should I be sad? Rosie thought back to how she felt after she found her dad as a walker in the woods outside the Atlanta camp. She was devastated. She didn't eat or sleep for awhile, and then she almost ran away. If she would've succeeded in running away, she probably wouldn't still be alive. Her emotions were running wild, because she didn't know what to do with herself and her dad was dead.

Now Rosie couldn't even understand why she loved her dad so much. She only remembered being afraid of him. She guessed it was because she didn't know. But now she knew, and she hated her dad. Now Rosie wasn't even sure if she ever loved her dad. Her thoughts and knowledge on what love was and what love was like was skewed and messed up in her head. She tried to think about it sometimes. Who do I love? She figured she probably loved Fraser, because he was good to her and he loved her. She didn't know if she was supposed to love her new family, but she was pretty sure she did. Daryl, Judith, Maggie, Carl, Rick, Glenn- all of them. She was pretty sure she loved them, but she didn't know. She wasn't really sure of it, so she decided she better just keep those thoughts to herself.

Sam must've been confused, too. Maybe he hated Rick, or maybe he hated Deanna, or maybe he hated his dad. Maybe he was just sad. Maybe he was just afraid. Maybe he was all of those things. Rosie didn't know what to do about it, because she thought that maybe she could tell him that she understood, and that she was confused when her dad died, too. But at the same time, she didn't like Sam, and Sam didn't like her. Rosie had told Carl that she thought she should maybe talk to Sam, and Carl told her only to do it if she was sure that she could be nice the whole time. So, Rosie didn't do it. She wasn't sure if she could be nice to him the whole time.

Liam was back to his assholery. Rosie hadn't been to school since the whole thing with Pete and Rick, because there were more important things- like a huge herd of walkers. Sam obviously wasn't going, so why should Rosie have to? The answer was simple: she didn't have to. So she didn't. Not going to school didn't mean that Liam would leave her alone, though. He didn't even thank her for saving his life, and he definitely didn't stop asking his annoying questions. Sometimes he'd even bring up stuff about before- stuff that he knew would bother her. Rosie hated him. She asked Daryl if she could punch Liam, and he said that she could only punch him if he tried to hurt her first. Now Rosie wished that Liam would punch her, just so she could punch him back.