86. To Stop You From Dying.

Rosie was sitting on the curb while Daryl was going through his bike. Apparently, the people who stole his bike- after he was leading the walkers away- were either with the Saviors or dead. Primo had tried to escape using the bike, but they didn't let him. At least, after everything they went through at the Saviors' base, they got more guns and Daryl got his bike back. Rosie watched as he pulled a little bag off of the bike, and pulled a small, wooden sculpture out of it.

"What's that?" Rosie asked, leaning closer to try and see the thing.

"Guy who took my bike liked makin' wood carvings, apparently," Daryl grumbled, looking at the sculpture in his hand. After a moment, he let it drop to the ground. Rosie picked it up next, and spent a few moments looking at it, just like Daryl had. It was carved to look like a soldier. Rosie thought that maybe she could give it to Abraham, because he was in the army, but then she figured that no one would want a gift from one of the Saviors.

"Hey, Daryl?" Rosie asked, setting the wooden toy down on the sidewalk beside her.

"Hm?"

"Do ya think this bike needs a test ride?" Rosie asked, raising her eyebrows a little bit.

"No," Daryl responded. Rosie huffed and tossed her head back in complaint. He always said no to that question, even when Rosie told him that she'd been on a motorcycle before. No, because it's dangerous. No, because it's too cold. No, because you're too little. No, because you don't have a helmet. No, because this bike is janky. No, because I said so. No, no, no, no. It was annoying. He always said no.

"Didn't even notice," Carol's voice said. Rosie looked up and noticed Carol walking over towards her and Daryl. She was in a good mood again- not like how she was with the Saviors. "Got your bike back," she said as she sat down on the curb on the other side of Daryl.

"Yeah," Daryl mumbled. He turned to look back at Carol, and noticed the cigarette in her hand. "You got another one a' those?" he asked, now sitting down on the curb, too. Carol reached into her pocket and pulled a box of cigarettes out, and after seeing it, Rosie could hear her daddy's voice saying, go grab me my pack a' smokes. Rosie decided that she wanted to go find Ian instead now, so she got up off of the curb and went to the other house.

"Ian!" Rosie called when she got into the house.

Eugene turned around to look at her from where he was busy packing a backpack. "He isn't here," he said.

Rosie sighed. "'Course he isn't. He's always with Liam," she complained.

"Ian told me to inform you that you are invited to Liam's house for recreational activities," Eugene said, zipping up his bag.

"I hate recreational activities," Rosie grumbled, even though she didn't actually know what the word recreational meant. Abraham walked into the living room next, and he also had a backpack on. "Where're you guys goin'?" Rosie asked.

"We're on our way to scout out a factory I've located," Eugene explained.

"For what?" Rosie asked.

"That's classified," Eugene replied. Rosie almost rolled her eyes, because why did it matter if she knew why they were going to a factory?

"Can I come with?" was Rosie's next question. Eugene didn't answer, he only turned to Abraham with a blank look on his face. Rosie could never figure out what Eugene was thinking until he said it out loud. That's how it was for her with a lot of people, but especially Eugene. She could never understand how Maggie or Daryl or Rick could figure out what she was thinking so quickly.

"Now, that ain't my call to make," Abraham answered.

"So, if Daryl says yes, I can come?" Rosie asked, bouncing on her toes.