150. Trapped.

The group of eight was searching desperately for a way out of the walker-filled cave. They tried to climb back up the way they came, but it was no use. Daryl told them all the climbing out was impossible, and they were risking breaking their bones, so they had to find another way. Rosie argued that she didn't care if she broke a bone if it meant she could get them all out of there, and Daryl told her to shut up and look for a better way out.

So that's what they were doing; searching for a better way out. Daryl shines a flashlight around the cave. Rosie didn't see the point. No matter where anyone found an exit, they wouldn't be able to get there due to the giant moat of walkers beneath them. But Daryl kept on shining that damn flashlight.

"You got something?" Aaron asked as Daryl's flashlight paused on a stream of water dripping down the wall.

"Groundwater's deeper in here. That water's comin' from outside," Daryl said. Rosie had no idea what groundwater was, but she figured Daryl knew what he was talking about.

"I don't see a way across," Carol said over the incessant growling of the walkers below.

Again, Daryl began shining his flashlight across the sea of walkers. "Woah, woah. Wait. Go back," Aaron suddenly spoke up. Daryl moved his flashlight back until the beam of light landed on a few large rocks in the middle of the horde. "We could use those to jump across," Aaron said.

"Nice," Daryl said in agreement.

Rosie couldn't believe that they were actually thinking about jumping across those rocks. It seemed impossible. "Are you guys serious?" Rosie asked, her eyebrows furrowed. Aaron gave a shrug and nodded. "And what happens when one of us slips?" Rosie asked.

"Ain't got any other choice," Daryl murmured, shining the flashlight over the path of rocks.

"You're fuckin' crazy," Rosie huffed as she stared at the snarling walkers below them all.

"Alright. You ready?" Daryl asked everyone, ignoring Rosie's comment. No one gave any reply, but Daryl went, anyway. "Let's go," he said. He took more deep breath before jumping across to the first rock. Rosie's hands went to the roots of her hair, pulling hard as she watched the walkers claw at Daryl's feet. "Come on," Daryl said to the rest, waving his arm at them. "Let's go."

"You're fuckin' crazy, Daryl," Rosie muttered as Daryl jumped across to the next rock. She jumped when she felt Carol put her hands on her shoulders and start leading her to the edge of the rock. "What? What're you doin'?" she asked.

"You first," Carol said, giving her shoulder a pat.

"What? No. Why me?" Rosie asked, her eyes wide. She didn't wanna go first. In fact, she didn't want to go at all.

"Because if we're not here to make you go, you won't go at all," Carol said just as Rosie reached the edge of the rocks they were already on. Rosie looked back at Carol, shaking her head adamantly. "You're gonna be ok," Carol said reassuringly.

Still, Rosie shook her head. "Fuck this. I'm not-"

"Rosie, now!" Daryl snapped, his voice echoing throughout the cave.

Her heart hammering in her chest, Rosie took the leap of faith with her eyes wide open. She landed on her feet in the center of the first rock, but almost toppled over as soon as she stood up straight. "Fuck this. Fuck this. Fuck this," she kept muttering to herself as the walkers clawed at her feet.

"You're fine. Keep comin'. You're ok," Daryl said, beckoning her to keep going.

After taking yet another deep breath, Rosie jumped across to the next rock, and Carol jumped onto the first one. The next rock was even worse. Rosie had to kick the walkers' heads to keep them from pulling her down. But after the next rock, Daryl was only one more jump away.