84. Gettin' Taken, Again.

Rosie had a lot of regrets, but right now, her biggest one was all of the times she had asked anyone how people got pregnant. On the ride back home from the Hilltop, she had once again bothered Daryl about whatever the hell uggin' bumplies meant, and after asking a few times, he gave in. He took Rosie and Maggie into the back bedroom of the RV, and then sat there silently while Maggie did almost all of the talking. Rosie decided that she never wanted to get pregnant ever. Daryl told her that that was good, but Maggie said that maybe she'd change her mind when she got older.

Now Rosie was just trying not to think about it, focusing on counting the stars on her ceiling once again.

Gregory had agreed to the deal that Maggie made with him, and now Alexandria was going to fight the Saviors. The difference was that they weren't really going to fight the Saviors, they were just going to kill them. Rosie understood. It was what they had to do. But at the same time, part of her still felt bad about it. Whenever she killed people, it was because they were attacking her or her family, but now they were killing these people before they even had the chance to fight back. Still, it was to keep her family safe. So she had to accept it. Almost everyone in Alexandria could accept it, so Rosie could, too.

Rosie knew she wouldn't be going with on this trip to kill the Saviors, but she was still worried about it. There was always something to be worried about. Of course, she was worried because the people she cared about were going, but she was mostly worried about Maggie going. Maggie was pregnant, and if Maggie got hurt, her baby could get hurt, too. Even if Rosie thought that getting pregnant was gross and scary, she still liked babies. She didn't want Maggie and Glenn's baby to get hurt. She tried telling this to Maggie, but Maggie didn't seem to be too worried about it.

Knowing that Maggie was going made Rosie want to go. She could help keep Maggie safe. She could make sure Maggie and her baby didn't get hurt. She didn't even have to go into the Saviors' base, she could just stay and keep watch with Maggie. All she knew was that leaving Maggie to do it all on her own made her stomach ache.

Her mind kept wandering back and forth between all these things, but she just kept trying to count the stars. 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28...

"Quit talkin' to yourself," Daryl grumbled from his own bed.

"I'm not," Rosie grumbled back. She twisted herself so that she was facing the wall, and she pulled her blanket up to her chin.

"I can hear you countin'," Daryl told her.

"Countin' ain't talkin'," Rosie argued.

"Yeah, it is. Be quiet and go to sleep," Daryl said.

Rosie huffed and pulled the blanket over her head. She tried to be quiet, so Daryl would fall asleep and she could resume her counting. One thing she had learned about Daryl was that he was very bothered when she made noise when he was trying to sleep. Even back at the CDC, he couldn't sleep simply because she was tossing and turning too much. Rosie didn't understand how he could hear her tossing and turning, but he was really good at hearing things. That, along with his tracking skills, is what made him such a great hunter.

The problem with trying to keep still when you can't sleep is that it is really hard. Even if Rosie did try to keep her movements to a minimum, she'd get some thought that suddenly made her feel uncomfortable, and then she'd have to pick up her pillow and put it on top of her head, or she'd have to readjust the blanket, or she'd have to squirm around a little bit until she felt comfortable again. That surely made noise, even if she was trying to be quiet. She knew she wouldn't sleep well until she could stop worrying, so Rosie decided to just tell Daryl about everything she was worrying about.