45. Motion Sickness.

Rosie wouldn't talk on the car ride back to the prison. She wouldn't talk when they got back either. She didn't even talk to Carol when she found out she was still alive, she just hugged her once then went up to her cell. She changed into the only other set of pants she had and put on a blue, long-sleeved shirt that was from the set that Maggie had given her back at the farm. The dress was thrown over the back of the chair in front of the desk in cell.

The absence of her father's belt around her waist made it so her pants barely stayed up, but she figured she could just find a shoelace somewhere and use that. It wasn't a priority just yet. Nothing seemed like it mattered that much anymore. The Governor was coming and Daryl was gone.

She hated Daryl for leaving. She didn't care if it was because of Merle. She hated him. He left her for someone who hurt her, who hurt Glenn. She hated him for leaving, but she missed him so much.

Maggie kept coming up into her cell to check on her, but Rosie wouldn't talk to her. Hershel had come up once, too, but not even his kind, gentle words would make her respond. Carl had gone up once to ask if she wanted to play a game, but she just shook her head.

Rick was angry, but nowhere near as angry as Glenn was. Glenn wanted the Governor dead for what he did to Maggie and Rosie. He didn't know exactly what the Governor did to them, but he got the gist of it. And he hated every bone in the man's body for it. Just the thought of it made him feel some sort of overarching rage that he had never felt before. Rosie's silence only made him angrier- not at her, but at the Governor.

Rosie didn't take that into consideration. She just didn't feel like talking, so she didn't. She hid in her cell instead.

As Rosie was laying on the top bunk in her cell, staring at the wall, she could hear Carol and Beth talking outside.

"You've got a knack for that," Carol was saying as she hung clothes out to dry on the railings.

"Just trying to do my part," Beth replied. Rosie couldn't see what she was talking about, but she guessed that it was the baby because Beth was always with the baby.

"Sophia used to wake up the neighbors. 3:00 AM. Like clockwork. Ed stayed at friend's most nights till she calmed down," Carol said. Rosie had forgotten about Ed. The only thing she knew about him was that he was scary, much like her own father.

"I always wanted a child," Beth said, which confirmed Rosie's suspicions of them talking about the baby. Neither of them said anything for a moment. "She wouldn't have made it if Daryl hadn't been here. He couldn't stand to lose anyone else, thinkin' Rosie was dead."

"Sounds like him," Carol responded.

"I don't see why he had to leave," Beth said. "I just can't believe he'd do that to us- to Rosie. I thought he was her dad, at first. Back at the farm." Rosie furrowed her eyebrows, wrapping her arms around her stomach. "Plus, Merle sounds like a jerk."

"Men like Merle get into your head. Make you feel like you deserve the abuse," Carol said. It reminded Rosie of what Daryl had told her about her dad. That he was an asshole for hurting her, even though he made it seem like she deserved it. But now Merle had hit her and Daryl left with him anyway, so Rosie wasn't so sure Daryl meant what he said. Maybe he was just trying to make her feel better about him being dead.

"Even for Daryl?" Beth asked.

Carol let out an audible sigh. "I'm hardly the woman I was a year ago, but if Ed walked through that door right now, breathing, and told me to go with him, I'd like to think I'd tell him to go to hell."

Rosie wondered what she would do if she ever saw her dad again. Her first thought was that she would stay with Daryl instead of going with her dad, but Daryl wasn't there anymore, so she figured she'd go with her dad now anyway.