83. The Name Negan.

Behind the gates of Hilltop was a big, huge building and many smaller structures. It looked like some small civilization that one would see in a movie or video game. There were people walking around working, there were plants, there were chickens, there were blacksmiths, there were farmers, there were living people. Rosie followed Jesus alongside Daryl, and all the anxiety was slipping away as her stomach bubbled up with excitement.

"There was a materials yard for a power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with them," Jesus explained as he led them through the Hilltop.

"How did people find out about this place?" Michonne asked.

Jesus turned around and gestured towards the huge building that was in the center of the Hilltop. "That's called Barrington House," he said.

"That's a house?" Rosie asked, her eyes wide. That house was probably as big as her old house put together ten times. It was huge.

"Yep. The family that owned it gave it to the state in the '30s. The state turned it into a living history museum. Every elementary school for 50 miles used to come here for field trips," Jesus explained. Rosie wondered if her school went to this place. She never got to go on field trips, because her dad would either forget to sign the permission slip, or wouldn't pay the fee. Maybe her class came here without her. "The place was running a long time before the modern world built up around it. I think people came here because they figured it'd keep running after the modern world broke down. Those windows up there let us see for miles in every direction. It's perfect for security. Come on. I'll show you inside."

After a moment of hesitation, the group followed after him. Rosie grabbed onto the end of Daryl's vest and tugged on it to get his attention. "I wanna see the cows," she told him.

"You can later. Come on," Daryl said. Rosie sighed, but she went along, anyway, when Daryl put his hand on her back and pushed her along with the rest of the group.

Jesus led them up the set of stairs, and then into the big house. Rosie's eyes widened when Jesus opened the door. Inside, there was a huge entryway, and a long, curvy staircase. It was like something out of a movie. Rosie went to one of the cabinets, looking over everything that was inside. One of the shelves had an hour glass on it, but when Rosie reached out to flip it over, Daryl grabbed her hand, pulling it away. Rosie huffed again. I can't see the cows and I can't touch anything. This place sucks.

"Good gracious, Ignatius," Abraham murmured as he let his eyes scan over the place.

"Most of the rooms have been converted to living spaces. Even the ones that weren't bedrooms," Jesus explained.

"People live here and in the trailers?" Rick asked, looking around the place.

"We plan to build," Jesus said, shrugging his shoulders a bit. "There's babies being born."

Rosie jumped when a door opened behind her, bumping into Daryl. "Jesus," an older man said. He had on a nice blue shirt, along with black pants and a black blazer. "You're back," he said, a smile on his face. Something about him made the anxiety bubble back up in Rosie's stomach, so she stepped back behind Daryl as the older man walked further into the room. "With guests," he said, sounding surprised.

"Everyone, this is Gregory," Jesus announced, gesturing towards the man. "He keeps the trains running on time around here."

"I'm the boss," Gregory said, holding his hands out to his sides. Rosie could tell that he thought he was being funny, because he let a smile form on his face after a moment, but she didn't find him very funny.