20. Inconvenience.

Rosie had to stay inside and rest her leg for a whole day, and despite the entertainment provided by the stack of books Maggie had left on the table, Rosie was just itching to get up and out of there. She felt like every muscle in her body was shaking, wanting to move around so bad.

Carl had been a little bit of entertainment as well. He'd taken the time to come in and visit Rosie every once in a while to tell her about what everyone was doing. Apparently, there was a walker stuck in one of the wells and Glenn almost died trying to get it out. Carl explained how everyone was starting to set up camp in the yard, putting up their tents and going on runs for supplies. Rosie was surprised by that at first, not expecting them to stay there, but when she thought about Sophia, she remembered. Sophia still hadn't woken up and Hershel still had to help her.

Glenn had come inside several times. It was usually to talk to Maggie, though.

Rick went in to talk to Rosie once too. He wanted to talk to her about her dad, but he didn't because he wasn't sure how to bring it up. He just wanted her to know that he and Lori were there if she needed anything. Instead of bringing up her dad without knowing how she'd react, he tried to show her that he was there by bringing her backpack in from the RV for her, which she was very grateful for. Rosie wasn't quite sure if she fully liked Rick yet, but he was growing on her.

Shane had come inside once too, but Rosie wasn't sure why because he just walked right past her. It was weird. Usually he'd at least give her a nod to say hello, but this time he didn't. The other weird thing was that his hair was gone. He had shaved his head, for whatever reason. It took a bit of getting used to.

Daryl had come inside one other time to check on Rosie, but she had fallen asleep on the couch, so he left without a word.

Hershel had came into the living room at one point to introduce himself and check on her leg. Rosie wasn't sure whether she liked him or not yet. She learned that he actually wasn't a doctor, and was only a veterinarian, but he still had the knowledge and skills that a regular doctor would.

Beth had come into the room once too. She brought Rosie a glass of apple juice, which Rosie was very grateful for. She had blonde hair, like Rosie, but Beth's hair was longer and thicker. Rosie decided that she liked Beth. She just seemed nice, even though she didn't know her very well.

The next morning, Hershel came in to check Rosie's stitches again. She fought against rolling her eyes when she had to roll up her pant leg for the millionth time. Hershel looked at the stitches and had Rosie stand up, making sure that walking around wouldn't pop them.

"Another day of rest certainly wouldn't be bad, but I know you're probably itching to get out of here, so just take it easy. Don't go running around or anything like that, and be careful," Hershel said, putting his hands on his knees before standing back up.

"Yes sir," Rosie said with a small smile. She was beyond excited to get out of there. The dinosaur books had provided great entertainment, but you can only read The Big Book of Dinosaurs so many times.

When Rosie got outside, her first thought was to find Daryl, so she could show him that she could walk. Maybe he'd let her go hunting with him again. Her eyes scanned the land and found a group of tents surrounded by some trees. Rosie headed towards it, but when she got there, Daryl's tent wasn't with the others. Lori and Carol were there, though, doing laundry. It was the first time Rosie had seen Carol since they got there.

"Oh, look at you! You're up already!" Lori said when she saw Rosie. Rosie nodded, trying to hide her proud smile. "Carl's still asleep in the tent. Do you want me to wake him up?"

Rosie was confused at the question. Why would she want to wake up Carl? She shrugged it off, shaking her head no. "Um, where's Daryl?" she asked.

Lori and Carol both had small smiles on their faces as they gave each other a look. Rosie didn't understand what they were doing it for. Were they talking about me before I got here or something? They were talking with their eyes, which Rosie hated. She almost just crossed her arms and walked away annoyed, but Lori finally answered.