Chapter 3: In A Rush

"I don’t like this dress, Lisa...It looks weird on me." Rosé Yang frowned, running a tired hand through her hair. There were bags beneath her eyes from the endless nights of tossing in her bed and never falling asleep.

Ever since she became the laughing-stock of Seoul, her confidence was at its limits. The haughty twinkle in her eyes from being engaged to Jeong Jaehyun had vanished long ago.

From losing everything in just the single span of one night, her diva attitude, prideful smirks, and confident struts were all gone. Before the fall of the legendary Rosé Yang, she was known to be the top socialite of Seoul. The women always crowded around her, in hopes of currying favors with the rumored Mrs. Jeong.

Whatever she wore, ate, and did, everyone copied after her. She was the trendsetter, the single woman that every socialite aspired to be.

Her parents swore they loved her. Her friends overly complimented her. The people always tried to befriend her. That all ended when Jeong Jaehyun blacklisted and tossed her aside. But after two long and life-changing years, Rosé Yang didn’t blame them. She finally understood how much of a horrible woman she was.

She turned women against women, used people like they were a pawn in her little game of chess, insulted girls to tears, and tried to sabotage the innocent Chou Tzuyu. Most would say she got what she deserved, but one never saw the truth behind the prideful and spoiled heiress.

No one saw how much Rosé Yang broke down at night, drinking wine all alone in a cold, empty, room until her tears lulled her to sleep. No one saw that broken child reaching for anything that showed her love.

Rosé Yang was only able to snap back into reality when Lalisa Park roughly shook her. "Rosie, I hope you’re not daydreaming again!" Lalisa Park huffed.

She was curling Rosé Yang's hair in hopes of making her presentable.

"I wasn’t..." Rosé Yang sheepishly lied.

Lalisa Park rolled her eyes. "Sure, and I’m the ugliest girl this world has seen." Lalisa Park resorted with her usual sarcasm.

Rosé Yang chuckled. "Don’t be so dramatic, Lisa."

"I’m supposed to be a diva, it’s my job to be overly dramatic." Lalisa Park laughed, wrapping strands of Rosé Yang's silky hair over the curling iron. "Besides, my dear. You look fabulous, don’t doubt yourself anymore." She smiled, placing her hand onto Rosé Yang's shoulder.

"Okay..." Rosé Yang trailed off, hugging her stomach the way she always did. It made her feel safe. It had been a bad habit of hers after the past two, long, rough years of torment.

Lalisa Park's eyes softened. When Rosé Yang had experienced her worst downfall, Lalisa Park was at the peak of her career. Her manager and family forced her to work hard and she was often traveling around the world.

She didn’t hear about what happened to Rosé Yang until she had come back two years later. Because she was rarely in the country and was frequently traveling from one country to the other, she barely had time to chat with Rosé Yang.

Rosé Yang didn’t say anything about her downfall. When Lalisa Park came back, she expected a wedding invitation on her hands, instead, she got the shell of the cheerful woman she used to know.

After a while of doing Rosé Yang's hair, Lalisa Park finally spoke up again. "It’ll be fun today. I reserved a seat at your favorite restaurant, La Roché."

La Roché was a very popular and posh restaurant that was rated five Michelin stars a few months after it opened. It was extremely hard to make reservations there; the restaurant never batted an eye to A-List celebrities, powerful politicians, or wealthy socialites. However, the Park's were able to gain easy entrance. The owner had been good friends with Lalisa Park's father and had permitted them unlimited entry at the window with the best view.

"My favorite? It always seemed to be your favorite." Rosé Yang teased. She remembered the memories of her youth where she was dragged to the restaurant whenever Lalisa Park wanted to skip class.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about." Lalisa Park giggled, clearly lying through her teeth. Her eyes twinkled with mirth upon being caught red-handed.

Rosé Yang gave her a pointed look, forcing Lalisa Park to reveal a sheepish grin.

"Okay, maybe I was too addicted to their dishes, but hey! You can’t blame me, their appetizers are amazing!" Lalisa Park tried to defend herself.

Rosé Yang chuckled, shaking her head in amusement.

"Let’s not dwell so much on the facts! The driver is waiting!" Lalisa Park giggled, dragging Rosé Yang out of her room.

The minute Rosé Yang walked out of her room, she groaned in annoyance. Her living room was very modern and there were large windows from the ceiling to the ground. The sun was at its highest peak today, and Lalisa Park just had to open all of the curtains.

"Some days, I think you’re trying to roast me alive." Rosé Yang childishly pouted.

"You need some sun, or more specifically, Vitamin D in your life~" Lalisa Park teased, nudging her the entire time they walked to the elevator.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." Rosé Yang snorted in the most unladylike manner.

Lalisa Park chuckled at her friend’s lack of humor, then wrapped her arms around Rosé Yang's arm — clinging onto her the way she always did.

The elevator door dinged to reveal the pretty elevator lady. She smiled and bowed at their presence. "To the ground floor, Miss Yang and Miss Park?"

Had this been the previous Rosé Yang , she wouldn’t have bothered to acknowledge someone like the elevator hostess. But this was the present. She wasn’t as childish and disrespectful as she was before.

"Yes, the ground floor please." Rosé Yang nodded, offering a polite smile.

"Right away, Ma’am." The elevator hostess said, quietly pressing the button and averting her gaze.

The elevator hostess couldn’t help but admire Rosé Yang from the distance. For the two years that she had known Rosé Yang, the woman was always very polite and warm. There was never a moment in time where Rosé Yang treated her rudely like she was air, as most of the people in this rich apartment complex had done.

The hostess didn’t know the tainted past of Rosé Yang and if one was to tell her, she wouldn’t believe that person. This lady was simply too kind to do something so horrible...

When the floor dinged and signaled the ground floor, Lalisa Park pulled Rosé Yang out of the elevator. "Thank you," Rosé Yang quietly told the hostess before she was dragged away by Lalisa Park.

When they walked into the lobby and towards the entrance, they were quick to garner attention. With each step Lalisa Park took, her hair would sway and bounce as the wind ruffled the edges of her red sundress. Because of her eye’s feline shape, they always came off as seductive without meaning to.

The men leered and took second glances at her, their eyes wide with astonishment. They were practically drooling.

Rosé Yang quietly laughed to herself. She was already used to these looks whenever she walked with Lalisa Park. While Rosé Yang chatted with Lalisa Park, she didn’t realize the men were also admiring the stunning woman beside supermodel Lalisa Park.

Rosé Yang had thought they were only looking at her best friend, and no one else.

She didn’t expect them to also stare at her.

With her high nose of clear wealth, full lips naturally rosy, and fierce eyes, Rosé Yang's appearance was the opposite of docile and demure. Instead, she looked like a powerful woman that men seemed to fear but secretly admire.

Despite what Rosé Yang's thought of herself and her composure, her outward appearance didn’t match her thoughts. Perhaps it was due to the years of training and experience, but Rosé Yang always walked with confidence. Her shoulders were squared back and her head was held high.

"What is the rush for?" Rosé Yang asked when Lalisa Park hurriedly dragged her inside the car.

"I’m just excited to eat, that’s all. You know I love food, almost as much as I love you." Lalisa Park teased, pinching Rosé Yang's nose.