Chapter 17: Foolish Woman

After being humiliated and brought to her lowest, Rosé Yang left the city. Even when the powers of the country's top hackers and investigators were combined, they still couldn't find her.

Many people came together in hopes of finding her location. The reward for her head was alarmingly high, 50 million to be exact. Jeong Jaehyun was the one to fund the first half of the 50 million, and the rest was anonymous, but most people suspected it was the angry socialites who was eager to see their dethroned Queen fall to a lower level.

After two long years, there wasn't a price on her head anymore. Jeong Jaehyun's anger had soothed and after a lot of convincing from the Jeong family and Elder, he finally retracted his money. Seeing the King had pulled out, the rest of the socialites stopped funding for Rosé Yang head. Within the span of a week, she wasn't a wanted woman in the Underground World anymore.

"This time, I have a very important task. Trust me, it's not some petty face-slapping of a white lotus." Rosé Yang chided herself at the memory of her foolish past.

She used to be so bitter and horrible to Chou Tzuyu, not that she didn't deserve it.

In some way, Rosé Yang regretted raining hell on Chou Tzuyu, when she should've directed her anger towards Jeong Jaehyun as well...It took two to cheat, and she mistakenly focused too much time on one side.

"I was such a spoiled and bad-tempered brat. Throughout the year I thirsted for Chou Tzuyu blood and downfall, I'm surprised you stood by my side." Rosé Yang thought about the bad memories she never wanted to resurface.

She had sunk to the sea of desperation when she saw Chou Tzuyu wrapped in Jeong Jaehyun's arms. She tried to do anything and everything to destroy the couple and along the way, she destroyed herself.

"Like I always say, you're signature perfume is unbelievable wealth. Anyone with that scent will always have a safe spot in my heart." Min Jennie cracked a dry smile at her words. Was she really doubting why she stayed with her? This foolish woman...

If there was one thing that Min Jennie would never admit, it was the fact that she actually cared more about Rosé Yang's well being than her money. She was someone very special to her and once upon a time, she was her savior.

"But there was so many people that paid you to abandon me." Rosé Yang softly said, suddenly feeling very self-conscious of herself.

Min Jennie was quiet for a while and Rosé Yang thought she didn't hear her because she was so occupied by the loud game.

After a few moments of silence, she spoke. "No money can pay me to abandon you. Not after what you've done for me." Her voice was somber and soft, nothing like the loud and outgoing person she was.

Rosé Yang had a soft expression on her face, as she thought about the hard times that Min Jennie experienced.

There was a period of time where Min Jennie's wrists were filled with cuts, her eyes dull, the hope long gone from her heart, and her entire body was filled with horrific marks, it was hard to recognize the man she had become.

"Aw geez, you're going to make me cry if you don't speak up." Min Jennie sighed, her voice getting a bit emotional. This was why she disliked talking about the past.

Rosé Yang let out a small laugh. "Seeing you cry would be worth billions." She joked, a tiny smile on her face.

Min Jennie sat up straighter, her eyes going wide with excitement. "Wait seriously? You'd pay me billions to cry? I'd cry as much as you want if you pay me that much-"

"No, you idiot. I was only kidding." Rosé Yang chuckled at her desire for instant wealth.

"Boo, you're no fun." Min Jennie pouted. She had truly taken Rosé Yang seriously...

"Besides, what is your new mission this time?" She added on, turning off the game and then flipping to the second monitor of her computer.

Rosé Yang became more serious. "I need a full report of a silver van that ran into a black Maybach on Kingston Street. Investigate into the van's background, owner, licence plate. Every little thing you can find out, report it back to me."

Min Jennie raised her brow at her surprising assignment. "How much are you willing to pay?"

Rosé Yang smiled. She didn't even hesitate at the harsh mission. "State your price, I can pay anything reasonable." She leaned back in her chair and stared out of the enormous window in front of her.

Money wasn't an issue for her, but she knew Min Jennie was not a greedy woman to demand an outrageous price.

"One million." She bluntly said. This surprised Rosé Yang. One million? Her rate has increased by 200% since the last two years since she had contact her.

"The price is fine with me, but are you alright Min Jennie ? Is there something I need to know about?" She asked, pulling out her laptop to wire her the money.

Min Jennie was quiet for a few seconds. Amidst the soothing clicks of her finger against the keyboard and her somber expression, she didn't know where to begin. "I-I..." She stuttered, unable to say a word.

Rosé Yang's expression softened. "Don't push yourself, I'm fine if you don't tell me. I've already send the money to you." She quietly said, knowing it would take time for her to open up.

Min Jennie's felt grateful for her peaceful approach. For as long as she had known her, she was never the type of woman to force her to say something. When it came to her, she was patient and kind.

Because Min Jennie had personally witnessed Rosé Yang unwavering kindness, her impression of her was always good. Regardless of the malicious rumors that surrounded Rosé Yang and the horrible things she used to do, Min Jennie would always remain loyal to her...

"Okay, I'll get started on your mission right now. It will be done by tomorrow afternoon." She said, already hacking into the security cameras on the street lights.

"Alright, have a good night." Rosé Yang said, breathing out a quiet sigh.

"Good night, Rosé." She ended the call and began to immerse herself into the task.

After the call ended, Rosé Yang texted Lalisa Park the details, but she didn't include the big price tag on the mission.

[Lisa: Thank you so much, Rosie! I'll treat you to our next meal!]

Rosé Yang smiled at her friend's energetic response.

[Alright, I'll hold you accountable to that~] She texted back.

Lalisa Park didn't reply for a while and Rosé Yang figured it was because she was so drained from an entire day of working.

Not wanting to do anything else, Rosé Yang collapsed onto her bed and fell asleep. Peacefully sleeping, Rosé Yang was not aware of the storm that would hit her tomorrow...