Chapter 165: Its Not A Gun

Chou Tzuyu saw the defeat within Jeong Jaehyun's eyes and frowned. He looked like a Commander deserted by his soldiers, a lone man standing on a sandy battlefield whose armor was cracked, sword was destroyed, and the sole standing thing was a pathetic white flag.

She refused to see him like this. She refused to acknowledge he had truly fallen to the bottom. He was a Jeong for christ's sake! Why was his ego this easily destroyed? So what if he was insulted by Park Jimin, so many people in this world also suffered the same thing!

An indistinguishable emotion flashed before her eyes, a thunderous expression overtaking her fair face. This was not the end of the Jeong Empire.

Once a King has fallen, they can still stand back up. Her fingers curled into a fist. She grabbed Jeong Jaehyun's hand to lead him away from the taunting crowd. She was planning on consulting everyone she knew. It was time to stop pretending to be a useless damsel-in-distress. It was time she put her title as the female lead to use.

She ignored all of the insults thrown at them and instead, used it as fuel.

"Haha, look at them fleeing into the night!"

"I feel so sorry for the Jeong family. Their long-built legacy was destroyed by a single person. Imagine building an Empire for five generations only for it to come crumbling down like this..."

"Tsk, if I was him, I would kowtow before my family and ancestors until my knees bled!"

"Jeong Corporation will suffer for sure in his leadership."

"Oh, didn't you hear, Young Master Jang, ever since Jeong Jaehyun succeeded the chairman seat and tossed Rosè Yang to the curb, he had not drawn a successful proposal with major corporations?"

"I heard those rumors as well. He was rejected from Park Enterprise and on top of that, even tried to beg and grovel his way into a second chance!"

"Wow, he actually begged Park Jimin?" Laughter erupted throughout the room, the sound traveling through the ears of Chou Tzuyu and Jeong Jaehyun, who, despite walking so far, was still paranoid enough to hear the mocking sounds.

"I know right! It was a pathetic sight to witness. He did it in front of his personal assistants and bodyguards!"

"Wow, imagine embarrassing yourself like that in front of your subordinates."

"Pft, I feel bad for the employees. They had to see their boss in such a sorry state. If the leader is weak, imagine the condition of the staffs!"

Many people joined the insulting spree. When he was still in control, prancing around as if he was the true ringleader, everyone was simply too terrified to speak up against him. But now that Park Jimin had entered the scene and showed who the real ruler was, the people suddenly gained the courage to trash-talk.

- - - - -

In the hallways of the banquet.

Rosè Yang stumbled over her footing and nearly fell if it wasn't for Park Jimin's hand. She felt dizzy for some reason and in her attempt to stabilize herself, the champagne glass slipped from her fingers.

CRASH!

The sound of glass shattering rang throughout the corridor.

"You were drinking?" Park Jimin's gruff voice filled with displeasure made her shrink back a bit.

She didn't like it when someone sounded so disappointed in her. She already had a fair share of her parents shunning her for her failure, she didn't need someone else to join the line.

"It was barely a glass." She snapped back, defensive because of his words.

Park Jimin paused to look at her face and saw how gloomy she looked. He took her into the closest room he saw and locked the door behind him. He flickered on the lights and saw it was a guest room of some sort.