Chapter 32: What Did You Do

Park Jimin stood at the end of the hallway, slightly dumbfounded that he was left in the dust. Did she just abandon him? His brows furrowed together and he walked down the hallway to lean on the wall and wait for her.

Running a hand through his hair, he couldn’t believe he was waiting outside of the bathroom for a woman. He felt like a giddy high school boy waiting for his crush to give her his handkerchief.

The minute Rosé Yang walked into the bathroom, she undid her hair. She sighed to herself when her raven locks tumbled down her back, few droplets of wine falling from it. She winced at the heavy stench of alcohol that reeked from her body.

Rosé Yang expected her night to brim with backstabbing and gossip left and right, but she didn’t expect it to turn sour in ten minutes.

"Whatever, at least I gave Yuna her gift." She muttered as she began to clean her face and hair. The water and soap had left her hair in an awkward texture, but at least the smell was gone. The water had washed off her makeup, leaving her face bare of any products.

Rosé Yang cringed at the eye bags underneath her eyes. From all the endless nights of tossing and turning, she rarely had a good night of sleep. That’s why she usually woke up in the afternoon — she only fell asleep after lying in bed for at least a good few hours.

Just when she was about to step out of the bathroom, Chou Tzuyu walked in. She seemed occupied with wiping the tears from her eyes, sniffling to herself as she held her dress to walk easier.

Rosé Yang eyed the distraught woman in front of her. The two were alone in the enormous bathroom that was twice the size of a moderate bedroom.

She remembered the last time they were ever alone together. It was the same night that Rosé Yang confronted Chou Tzuyu with the discovery of her real birth parents. Her father didn’t leave her. As a matter of fact, he was desperately trying to contact Chou Tzuyu but the woman refused to meet her birth-father.

And when Tzuyu found out Rosé knew the truth, she immediately sought Jeong Jaehyun's help. One thing leads to another, and soon, Rosé Yang was stripped and thrown out of his house.

When Rosé Yang lifted her head and took a few steps back. Her mouth was parted in shock, as if not believing she was alone with Rosé Yang.

Rosé Yang crossed her arms and raised a brow. Why was she pretending to be surprised to see her? She knew Chou Tzuyu wasn’t deaf nor did she have any hearing problems. Park Jimin announced he was going to take her to the bathroom, so Chou Tzuyu should’ve known she was already inside.

"H-hello." Chou Tzuyu timidly greeted her, her head slightly tucked to portray a demure and wholesome woman.

Rosé Yang noticed the tears and quivering lips. She already knew what happened.

As always, Chou Tzuyu couldn’t handle the insults from her peers after Park Jimin pointed out how distasteful her dress was. The people probably tore her apart and once again, the female lead couldn’t handle the criticism of her peers.

Chou Tzuyu was always portrayed to be a gentle, sweet, and simply too innocuous woman. She couldn’t handle the harsh and backstabbing upper society.

She sniffled. "I’m sorry to have worn the same dress as you—"

"It’s not your fault." Rosé Yang said with a frown. Why was this woman apologizing? Her dress was publicly announced on national television, shouldn’t Rosé Yang be the one to apologize?

"Oh, I-I guess you’re right." Chou Tzuyu nervously babbled. "Then I apologize for Jaehyun's behavior. You know, he’s usually not bad-tempered and mean—"